1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SOU what's the verdict?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by fyernine, Jun 20, 2003.

1. fyernine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I'm waiting till the East European release which will be a good couple of months behind the rest of the world. PLenty of time to get feedback.

I got bored with the original game. Though got my money's worth from the mods.

Is this one worth the cash splash?

ps. Have recently gotten into Morrowind (after complete cortex shutdown playing NWN) - how come sorcerers net doesn't have a forum for it? Are you guys sponsored by Bioware or something (Not that I have a problem with that. I know how hard it is for a quality site to stay afloat)?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Check the front page of SP for links to SoU reviews.

SP focuses solely on D&D games but, unfortunately, doesn't get any sponsorship for that from either BioWare or BIS (or any other company for that matter).

3. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I am still fairly early on in Chapter One of the campaign, but I think it is far better than the OC. Just to be clear, I am NOT one of the people who bashed the OC, I liked it. Sure, it could have been better, but I enjoyed the many hours I spent playing it.

The new game is very nice. I was a little put off at the very beginning by how fast things moved with my character having no control over what was happening, but that was short-lived and it's been great since then.

Overall, thus far, I am very pleased.

4. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Grrr Turkey sucks!Why?
    We buy copy and cracked games for 2 bucks and sometimes at the EXACT date as the original date but the result: Can't play in Net with false CD-Keys.Damn!How I want to play ALFA!!!
    It sucks, really no one brings NWN and Baldur stuff. Grrrr at least I will play World of Warcraft.

5. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

@Khelben: If you can't buy this games in turkey, than why don't you import them ?

6. BigStick Gems: 13/31

@Khelben: :yot: If you're so upset, buy a legal version and quit complaining.

...And now we return you to your regularly scheduled topic.

7. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

:yot: Currently harassing momma to do it.
    (quits complaining)

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] OK...to get get back on topic...I am enjoying the new expansion game more then the first one. I particularly like the interaction of the henchmen. They are far more interesting then the ones in the first game. The story seems a lot more intriguing as well.

9. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Overall, the expansion was much better than the original OC. You don't feel so much like the FedEx guy in this one. The only real downside to it is the length. I finished it in four days.

10. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I agree with pretty much what everyone else has said. The length was disappointing particularly if you want to try a new prestige class out. My Arcane Archer finished up 6 fighter, 1 wizard, 6 Arcane Archer when I really wanted an 8 Arcane Archer for the hail of arrows.

11. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

HELLO EVERYONE!

I doubt many would remember me (if at all), but Im back after a loooong break.
    So hello once again to all.
    *extends hand out to shake*

Anyway, to keep on topic - Is it possible to go through the OC and build up a few levels, then just 'bail out' and commence the NC? I wish to do this as I want to start a new character, yet reach lvl.18-20 by the end of the NC.
    If possible, what level apprx. should I reach in OC before I begin SoU?

12. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

It is possible as the expansion allows you to start with pre-existing characters. I would, however, advise against it.

I went through the game (the expansion, that is) doing every last little side quest I could find and only hit level 13. If you want to finish at level 20, you would likely have to start somewhere around level 13, if not higher, which would take a lot of the challenge out of the game.

[ June 27, 2003, 00:27: Message edited by: JohnnyRTFM ]

13. BigStick Gems: 13/31

Welcome back, Drunken Monk.

I have to agree with Johnny, you'd have to start at an awfully high level to be able to make 20 in the new campaign. You'd probably get virtually no XP for the entire first chapter since there would be no challenge.

14. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

I wouldn't start with lvl. 13 either. If you want to reach lvl. 20, I would first play the expansion, and than I would start the orginal campaign at chapter 2 or 3.

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Wait, wait...looking at the front page and NPC descriptions, one of the NPC's is Tymofarrar the white dragon? :confused:

HUH? (I don't have the game yet, but that just freaks me out!)

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    NPC is also a term for all in-game characters that aren't yours. It didn't say the dragon is a joinable NPC.

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

18. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

Why can't he be a joinable Npc :mad: . It would be cool to wander around in town with a white dragon at your side :D

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have to say I really enjoy to play it, and indeed you're not half as much a fed-ex man as in original NWN.
    Verdict: Worth it!

20. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Probably not very realistic but I'd like to see you get attacked by a mugger with a white dragon at your side.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.