1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SOU - what to do with certain items?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Blue, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

1. In the first chapter I've found all the four artifacts. Should I only give the tower to Drogan and keep the others?

2. The Mask seems useful, but what do I use the Dragon Tooth for? Sell it to the red wizard, or is there some later use for it?

3. How about the Mummified Hand, now that I don't need it to show me directions anymore? Can I sell that too?

4. I also found a Dragon Egg, and the red wizard will give me a magical cloak (or money) for it. Should I take it, or is there a better use for it later?

5. What do I need the green spores for? And what do I do with gargoyle scull, dragon blood and vlad tongue?

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's been a while since I've played the original game but I think that you have to give all the artifacts to Aribeth, at least tell her about them and she will tell you what to do with them.

About the green spores, gargoyle scull, dragon blood and vlad tongue, they are all ingredients that you can use for making magical items but only if you have the proper class. They are not items necessary for the quest.

3. Blue Gems: 7/31

Thanks... - but uhm.. Arebeth? The paladin? Does she turn up here in the Undrentide expansion too? If you mean the elvish woman who healed Drogan (don't remember her name), she and Drogan were only interested in the Tower artifact. So, I kept the others, but don't know what to do with them. I could sell them to the red wizard at Thaymart - but only if I knew I wouldn't need them anywhere or get a better deal for them later. That's why I'm asking.

And what about the dragon egg? Should I sell it to the red wizard in exchange for the cloak (fire resistance), or do I get a better deal in later chapters?

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

1) Depends on your own choices, you can give him everything or only the tower statue. What you do changes your alignment between lawful and chaotic IIRC.

2) If you take Deekin with you in the stinger lair and you have the tooth he will offer to make an amulet (which only he can use) or a dagger against undead.

3) You could as well sell it since it gets taken away at the end of the first chapter anyways.

4) I've taken it with me but I've still found no other use besides selling it to the wizard in chapter 1. I'm currently in the last chapter.

5) Combine the Green Spores with a quartz crystal in the grinder to get a ring of disease resistance (makes you immune to disease). I still have to find a use for the other ingredients, except the Dragon Blood, which you can use in the interlude.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sorry, I was thinking you were playing the first one. :o I should have payed closer attention.

6. Blue Gems: 7/31

That's okay. :)

Thanks, Meatdog, for your accurate explanation. Just what I needed! I'll sell the Hand and the Egg (to get the cloak) - and then I can finally go find the halfling caravan.

Will make sure Deekin gives me something useful for the Tooth, and the Mask I'll keep to myself. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.