1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SoU to HotU

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Munchkin Blender, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

After playing the OC and having an ending character at level 18 with almost 1/2 million in gold and all +5 equipment was an over kill to start off HotU. I know the equipment would be taken away but the character level was 18 and he had more gold than most; which would continue to add up after selling off any magic equipment my character would/could not use.

After mulling over HotU and trying a few different builds I decided to play a Monk through SoU and transport the end character to HotU. After playing through SoU my character final level was 13 with close to 200k in gold and a few pieces of equipment.

The Monk that went through SoU has the following stats: STR 14 DEX 14 CON 14 INT 10 WIS 18 CHA 10 and feats: Hero's Luck, Strong Soul, Weapon Focus - Unarmed Strike, Toughness, Dodge, and Mobility and skills: appraisal 8, discpline 16, lore 16, persuade 16, and tumble 16.

I started HotU and now the character is a level 15 monk and level 1 fighter. I plan on taking 6 fighter levels to obtain EWS and the rest of the character build will be the Monk class to improve upon the character's spell resistance and stunning fist attack.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Take one more level of monk to get the 1d20 unarmed damage as soon as possible (and +3 ki). It's a better upgrade than Weapon Specialization. You'll be 16/4 at 20th level which will still grant the maximum number of attacks per round.

I don't think 18th level is too overkill versus 15th level.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

You are wrong on that. The level 18 character cut through enemies with ease; the character had no problem slicing through the first two levels in chapter one and the game quickly became boring.

My current character I had to plan my attacks and take a little more precaution as he was only level 13. I actually died in the Inn with the first fight, which never happened to me before. One or two levels can make a difference in the game's difficultly.

As for holding off on the 16th level for my monk at level 17 it provides the character a +1 in AC thanks to 20 skill ranks in tumble. Yeah I have to wait one more level to obtain the monk level but what I loose in damage for 1 level, I gain a +1 AC for the next 3-4 level, which can be a lifer saver.

As for my character here is how I plan on leveling him up...

Level 1-15 Monk
    Level 16 Fighter
    Level 17 Monk
    Level 18-21 Fighter
    Level 22 Monk
    Level 23 Fighter
    Level 24+ Monk

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Depends on the character. I started a 15th level fighter/WM who cut through everyone with ease as well. It's not only the level at the 15-20 range, it's also the character type. A druid/shifter is bit more challenging even at 18th level.

5. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Not if built right. I played a Druid/Shifter before and she tore through the first few levels of HotU. All of the level 15 characters I played had little to no issue playing through Chapter 1 of HotU; Chapter 2 is when I noticed a big difference in the difficultly of the game.

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Question about AA

Does the AA enchantment bonus stack with the unlimited arrow enchantment bonus from an upgraded bow in HotU? If so, the AA would be a very powerful class since he/she would be able to throw an array of arrows that are +X.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.