1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Shop Functional Again

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Those of you who've tried shopping via our Amazon.com store lately have probably noticed that you couldn't complete any purchases without encountering fatal errors in the shop application. Sorry about that - it was due to Amazon's changes in their application programming interface (API) that have rendered the application inoperable until a full upgrade was performed. This has now been done, so the store is back up and running.

Unfortunately along with the upgrade, Amazon has in its infinite wisdom decided to either disable, complicate or obfuscate some of the most popular API features that we've been using in the store, which will no doubt have a negative impact on sales. Now, either somebody at Amazon doesn't know what they're doing, or their goal is to drive shoppers away from affiliated stores and into their welcoming arms... either way, it's bad news for us and one more reason for me not to be in any rush developing and expanding our store further. :nolike:

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I was thinking about buying the Icewind Dale 3 in 1 Boxset as well as the Baldur's Gate 4 in 1 Boxset that I saw on Amazon. Obviously it would be better if I made the transaction through here, as SP would benefit. Has anyone used it recently and purchased something without any problems? If so, I'd gladly use the SP store to buy a few things =)

Unfortunately I've never bought anything from amazon and I'm a little confused eg. Some things have a new sale price as $11.19, whereas the used sale price is $11.18. Ummmm?

Anyways, was just wondering if someone could help me out here =)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The store is fully functional, so no worries about using it. The only issue might be whether everything you want to order can be shipped to Australia - Amazon often has restrictions on where stuff can be shipped. Can you link to the items in question so I can check?

Also, you might want to check whether shipping to Australia wouldn't be too expensive.

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

5. Taluntain

Media:
    No, Amazon doesn't have a store in Australia... and shipping there is relatively expensive if you want the games fast - see this page for info.

There's nothing listed about those two not being available for shipping to Australia, but sometimes that's not openly listed on Amazon's page, so the only way is to order and see.

If you want to give SP credit for your order, just use the SP store - Amazon handles the checkout.

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    For what it's worth Fly, I recently purchased my copy of Dragon Age 2 through the SP portal. Worked like a charm. I somehow managed to obtain the most agressive shipping option for free... but most likely that was due to some promotion that I wasn't aware of.

At any rate, it seems to have worked well. My estimated delivery date is still March 08, as expected, which is the day the game is released to the public.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.