1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place RPG Giveaway Entries

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm game. The battle brothers game looks interesting. I go way back with GOG as without them I would be unable to play Master of orion, Master of Magic, and Master of Orion 2. I know they are all ancient games, but so am I. :) My son always marvels that I keep coming back to this ancient games. Now if only GOG could get Harpoon. I would get it in a second.

Taluntain likes this.
  3. Shardnax Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

I like GOG but they've been pushing it with what constitutes DRM free lately. I had quite a lot of fun with Divinity 2 and retooling a build to whoop the final fight very fast :D. System Shock 2 was good fun as well but the respawn points were a sore point for me. Though not nearly as bad as AitD New Nightmare (very scarce ammo).

Tyranny or PoE White Marches preferred if those are part of the giveaway.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Not that I'd need more games that I'll never get around to playing, but writing about games is what SP is all about after all, so why not. Still remember finally making an account on GoG, after having kept an eye on GoG for probably a year or more already. The reason? Free Fallout game. The first one. Already had the CD versions, but it seemed a good enough reason to finally get an account on GoG anyway.

Since then, I got too many games on GoG, some that I've played that I'd never heard about before, like Evolva, which is a great bundle of fun. Others that I got, and that are supposedly great games, though I've never gotten around to play them yet, like IWD.

Currently enjoying Legend of Grimrock 2 a lot, and keeping of on buying The Witcher 3 until I upgrade my PC so I can run it in all its glory.

5. Skeepanola Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Universal pricing is much appreciated.

6. Wayward Son Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I like GOG for a few reasons.
    A) I much prefer old games, so the larger selection of old and old school games than say, Steam, is much appreciated.
    B ) It is the only place where one can get the original editions of IE games legitimately.
    C) It is the only place that I was able to find a legitimate working copy of Battlespire.
    D) It has relatively frequent and good sales.
    E) Who could forget that it has SMAC?
    F) HoMM I. Enough said.
    G) Might and Magic 1-6 for only $10. Smashing deal.

Got SMAC a little while ago as a gift from someone on the RPGCodex on GOG and it's been a blast. Was real nice to see that when I got a copy of Battlespire from it, it gave me pre-configured copies of TES: Arena and TES II: Daggerfall.
    Also, Might and Magic is one of my favorite series and I only got it because of GOG so it will always hold a special place in my heart for that.
    Edit: Would prefer Battle Brothers

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  7. Greatjon Gems: 1/31

I like GOG because it has no DRM and and they have a lot of old games from the golden age of gaming, I also like how they go through quite a bit of effort to get manuals, OSTs, artwork, wallpapers and bonus stuff for the games. So, long live GOG !! I hope they keep adding more games to their large catalog, both new and old alike.

Wayward Son likes this.
  8. anonynamja Gems: 1/31

I like GOG because of their commitment to DRM-free games and universal pricing, and their state-of-the-art message board system. ;)

9. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I like GoG because it brought me back to BG and Sorcerer's Place :beer:

Wayward Son likes this.
  10. hashfyre Gems: 1/31

I got my first RPG through GOG.com, way back when I was a kid. Before the current Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition was out, for a very long time it was only available on GOG. Even Baldur's Gate I & II, Arcanum all classic RPGs which defined my world of CRPGs were only obtainable through GOG.

Why I love it? GOG introduced me to the world of RPGs, I wouldn't be putting 150+ hrs on Pillars of Eternity or even reading up 5e rulebooks if it was not for GOG.

11. Quickshot Gems: 1/31

The first game I ever played on GoG was also my favourite,I found out about Gog from a friend who told me that my favourite was free for a short time to help celebrate the release of GoG Galaxy and since i'm usually pretty broke in fact all the games I play are either free or have been made free for a short time in that regard GoG allowed me to play System Shock 2 easily my favourite game and it was hard to make that decision since I never played it and when I did it was everything I ever dreamed now i've patiently waiting around my phone for the next sale so I can play an amazing game so long as I can afford it and thanks to GoG I get to play some truly amazing games and I hope I get to play one of your because they look like a lot of fun.
    So thanks :)

12. Bastien Gems: 1/31

Gog.com is DRM free and that's the way I like software

13. Rho-904 Gems: 1/31

Obviously I like it because it has no DRM and access to many old games, which allowed me to have legitimate copies of some abandonware games, which legality is questionable, I couldn't buy before. Also it doesn't force me to be running the galaxy client to play the games, which is a very nice thing, so I have no problems with playing anything if the service is down.

EDIT: I don't remember if I had an old account from some visits to this place, but if I created one, I barely used it and don't remember anything of it so I made this one.

14. CommanderSouza Gems: 1/31

I like it because it's DRM free also GOG allow me to download and install games in my library without the GOG Galaxy Client running! Ah, the prices are great as well xD

15. NoHomers Gems: 1/31

I like GOG because of their philosophy of No DRM and I also like playing the Witcher game which is made by the studio GOG is associated with.

16. chazelle Gems: 1/31

I like GOG cause I like to keep all my eggs shared among many baskets. And I kinda like its UI the most. And I'm a Pole, so you know... go GOG, go!

17. Rigobert Gems: 1/31

What would I do without GOG, before GOG I saved many games on various discs and often got lost. Not any more thanks to GOG. :)

18. GnrlGrad Gems: 1/31

I like GOG because they release great old classic games and they are DRM free.

19. Dorps Gems: 1/31

I like gog.com because it got me back into the gold box D&D games and is DRM free

20. Gasanras Thornflames Gems: 1/31

I like gog.com because there are so many RPG games, and especially old ones from when I was young!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.