1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer class and pure mages

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by aerilon, Aug 12, 2002.

1. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I always play a Sorcerer in the game. I do this for a reason. There is only one regular mage in the game with 18 int, Edwin. He is the only mage who can get level 9 spells(IIRC, it takes 18 int to get lvl 9 spells) for that reason. And the designers didn't make any NPC sorcerers. This is a very frustrating state of affairs. It means that either my party has to be evil, or I have to be a mage or sorcerer if I want level 9 spells. I don't want to just create a second character and import them in or such, because I happen to like NPCs for the character interaction. I don't really have a question here, this just irks me, and I wanted to say it.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can always download other NPCs' I think Tashia is a sorcerer, others are as well, I just can't remember :roll:

3. Lady Jellybee Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Kelsey's fun as well, though his romance talks come way too fast. :p

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hehe! Yeah, you're right. If Edwin only was Chaotic Neutral, what an NPC he would have made!

5. Gladiator Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Your party does not have to be evil to have Edwin in the party. Download the Happy Group Scripts, and he will make no trouble. ;)

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

That causes several bugs and imho is best avoided.

You don't need 18 int to cast level 9 spells. Both Aerie and Imoen can, I've never tried it with Nalia or Jan, but I don't see why they couldn't.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.