1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sony Playstation 2?

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Gormenghast, May 7, 2001.

1. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Do any of you have the sony playstation 2, is it worth getting?
    I could go and buy one right now but i think i will wait for the x box to come out.

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I haven't touched a console game since getting BG1 and BG2. (Well ok I did play Rogue Squadron on my 64 for a little bit, but that's it.) Who needs them anyway, what with Throne of Bhaal, Pools of Radiance, and Neverwinter Nights up ahead? Not to mention I haven't played Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale yet. Playstation 2!?! Bah I laugh in the face of Playstation 2.

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

PC rules!

4. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I have a PS2 and I really like it. I like the fact that you can play PS1 and PS2 games on it, as well as DVD movies. I also got a VGA box for it so that I can use my monitor for it instead of a TV (I dont have a TV). It also makes PS1 games run much faster than they did on PS1. so, its better than any other console out, but it doesnt compare to a computer.

5. Avooch Dar Guest

Playstation 2 is good but it ain't all that. X Box will kick ass and will be able to play many pc games.
    It will also be sold at half the price of the ps2. Well it will in England anyway

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

What's everyone's view on the new PS2 (I think) RPG - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance?

Good idea/Bad idea?

Personally, I doubt it will be possible to have the game show it's full potential on a console.

7. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

rpg's on computers
    sports games on consoles

that simple!!!

8. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Well, I've seen the PS2 and its impressive. I'm not a console gamer and I don't like sports games, so it just isn't for me. I don't like "cartoony" games either. I loved Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 though, but not enough to buy a system. I get to play PS1, PS2 and Dreamcast on the weekends at my other job working with kids. I'm pretty set in the PC realm of games, but the PS2 looks so good sometimes it gives me the creeps, and I love all of those Rally/Vigilante/Twisted Metal games. I think consoles are good for group play and hanging out with your buds and playing, at least they were for me when I was younger (Golden Axe on Sega, Yeah!) PC games are great for some personal downtime though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.