1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song that best describes life

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

2. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    "NECROPHOBIC" Slayer :wail:

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Master of Nuhn, I would agree that one of the Alan Parsons Project's great strengths is their lyrics. I have nearly all their albums, much to my wife's dismay. ;)

Another good song that describes life (my life, anyhow) is "Here I go again" by Whitesnake. I love that song, and every time I start a new semester with a new group of dumbass kids, that song goes through my head. :D

4. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Either The Fight Song or The Dope Show...

5. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

D12 feat. Eminem - These Drugs :evil:

6. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] "Seek Up", "One Sweet World", and especially #34... dave matthews band

Voodoo Child, by Jimi Hendrix

By the way, what's with all the punk rock? Surely there's more to life than that stuff...and if not, why fuel it by having some group of dick-brained teenagers agree with you?

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Whooooooohoooo! Go Xaelifer :) :grin:

my sentiments exactly, I'm just too polite to say it

8. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

I'm agreeing with aegron and 8people.

(Well, I could be the wild joker,
    Pour my heart to get you in
    Sacrifice my happiness
    Just so I could win
    Maybe cry
    These tears of pearls)

9. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Over My Head(Better Off Dead) and All Messed Up by Sum 41 can summarize my life up pretty well.

10. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Here Is No Why - smashing pumpkins
    Wherever I Roam - Metallica

11. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The reason for all the punk...

Maybe because some people are sick of listening to who people are in love with. It's the 'mold' for pretty much any successful song, and now that punk is breaking the mold, it's refreshing. Anyway, Sum41, Blink 182 (although Adam's Song is good) and such are not punk, they're just rock with faster lyrics. True punk is Bad Religion (mostly their old stuff), Rancid, Anti-Flag, nofx, Black Flag and (drumroll please) the Casualties. I'm sick of hearing about puppy love from Britney and N'sync. I want to hear about stuff that matters. Most of the punk I listen too resembles Steppenwolf and whoever sang "War, what is it good for?".

so there :p

Anyway, in response to the question...
    21st century boy - Bad Religion or
    Your daddy was a rich man, your daddy's effing dead - Anti-Flag
    Die for the Government - Anti-Flag

12. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

N.I.B. by Black Sabbath or The Clairvoyant by Iron Maiden.

13. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Mystra's Chosen: If you think that all music is only about love except punk, and that it's refreshing, reconsider. Sounds to me like you take everything you hear on the radio and judge music as a whole from those four or five songs, which are all "puppy love" from Britney and Nsync.

So you want to hear about stuff that matters in the lyrics? Let's see...was it Blink 182 or Limp Bizkit that wrote the chorus to the song...oh how does it go?... "I want to f*** a dog up the a**" ( How ironic that you used the words PUPPY LOVE for other kinds of music... :eek: ) or "It would be nice to have a blowjob from your mom" or something like that? And I'm not being sarcastic and I don't have a filthy mind...These songs are REAL - and they're the latest craze - important, mattering-lyrical songs - they're so 'cool' and they are 'refreshing' and their lyrics 'matter'. Wow. Sorry. I don't see the light of revolution there.

I don't mean to attack you :) - just giving you my opinion. I think that if you don't want to hear about love anymore, and want to hear music that truly matters, yet still holds the beat:

1. Stop listening to the radio. For the love of god, buy a discman or get XM radio or something.

2. Search past the closest hype that comes to mind (punk music) to find it - there's infinitely many kinds of music NOT about love, and NOT generic and childish.

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Xaelifer has a point. A lot of punk is absalute crap. Especialy the new stuff thats coming out. But there is also a lot a brilliant punk.
    Even Blink 182 have some good songs (thinking of Adams Song and Dammit)
    And no, none of these songs describe my life

15. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Did you even read my damn post? I said I don't like Blink 182, Sum 41 or any other new punk band out. They're just as bad as Britney and N'sync. I also don't listen to the radio or watch MTV (or Much Music in Canada). I listen to music with curent events in the lyrics. One song by Anti-Flag is called Culture Revolution, another is called The Panama Deception. A song by Bad Religion is called Kyoto Now, another is called The Gray Race (it's about the human race). I'm sick of Sum 41 and Blink 182 (what's with the numbers anyway?). They sing about f***ing **** (literaly)! and Limp Bizkit? Doesn't the name say it all? Please actually READ my post so that I don't have to write the same thing over again. I'm not condoning people listening to Sum 41 or Blink, I just think you shouldn't bash all punk because there are, as Aikanaro said, lots of brilliant punk

16. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Wonder how many of these songs actually describe life well, and how many just sound good to their people who picked them. A song called “Die for the Government” by a band called Anti-Flag doesn’t seem like it has much in the way about how life is.

I like some punk, but it looks like there's not much in the way of creativity for the genre. As a friend of mine said, "Punk is always something that you can jump up and down to."

17. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Oh yeah, Die for your government isnt really a lifesong...

Well actually its about the US soldiers the American government has used in tests, Agent Orange and stuff

Still one of my fav songs from my "progressive" days :D

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The number on the back of Blink 182 is actually down to copyright laws. Before Blink 182 were known as blink but there was another band from Ireland iirc called Blink that had it copyrighted, so they put the extra numbers on.

19. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

I put Die for The Government down there more as a protest song. I'm never going to actually 'die' for my country, but I do protest people who have
    (and will)

Yer gonna die, gonna die, gonna die for the government. Die for the government? That's ****!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.