1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Some Morrowind questions

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by chevalier, Feb 26, 2006.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    1. Blades. There's a rank system but apparently no boss to move you up the ladder. Or am I missing something?

2. Hlaalu. Do you get to become the Grandmaster for the whole Morrowind or just Vvanderfell? It looks like the Redoran and Telvanni heads are for the whole Morrowind (there's even a part about the Redoran Archmaster moving the council onto Vvanderfell from the mainland), but there's the whole Duke who makes you Grandmaster and the Hlaalu king. The king can't really be under the house head but does one need any head of that house other than the king? Or do you actually get to become the king of Morrowind?

3. Any way to avoid the Hlaalu disrobing "quest" for Crassius Curio and still move up the ladder?

4. There's said to be some faction of knights. Other than the Imperial Legion in which the upper ranks are knights, that is. What is that group and where can you join?

5. Where can you join the Excise, if it's joinable at all?

More questions to come, I guess. ;)

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

1. I'd be interested to know about that too. Also, ashlanders. I haven't worked out how to gain ranks in either, and I've completed the main quest.

2. If it's like Telvanni (the only one I've finished) you won't become overall head of the house. In Telvanni you become a Grand Magister and get a stronghold, but there are others of equal rank. You won't become king though; the Tribunal expansion has him in.

3. Haven't done Hlaalu, so I can't say.

4. Imperial Legion is the only knightly faction. You become an Imperial Dragon eventually.

5. Without mods, I don't think you can.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, Ashlanders as well. And thanks for the Telvanni info. With Redoran, it's quite clear there's only one archmaster, so it looks like different houses have different rules. And some sites say Imperial Knights aren't joinable. But they have such an impressive list of ranks and requirements. :(

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

````Slight Spoilers````

1. The Blades - Just follow the main quest. Eventually, Caius Cosedes (sp) will go back to the mainland and that's it. You don't become a Master like the other guilds. Ashlanders - They seem to be part of the main plot also. I haven't been able to improve my 'rank' with them.

2. I haven't played all 3 parts of Morrowind, sorry. I do know that as the Nevarine (reborn), you are the king of Vardenfell.

3. I played a female, so Crassius didn't care about me. :)

4. Don't know.

5. No. Though I want to take the place of the taxman whose body you find in Seyda Neen. ;)

5. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There are a bunch of factions in the game. Some aren't joinable by the PC but are there for NPCs. You can see them and their ranks if you open the game using the Tool Set.

A few you haven't found yet: three different vampire guilds and an assassins' guild. For the former, you obviously have to become a vampire and for the latter you have to find the guild's headquarters, which is sort of a quest in and of itself. There is a book that hints at its location.

6. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Grand Magister is the highest rank in Telvanni - there are no others.
    Customs and Excise is not joinable.
    There is no way to avoid disrobing if your male, why worry about it - its an easy quest.
    AFAIK - all the house factions are headed on Vardenfell - as this is there homeland, so its stands to reason that there are no higher ranks.

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Not really, the Dres faction can not be found on Vvardenfell, and furthermore I am quite positive that Port Telvanis is the capital of the Telvanni faction which is a few miles east of Vvardenfell.

8. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

((SPOILERS))

1. It's part of the main quest, and you can't get to the top.

2. As the Nerevarine you are Hortator (war-leader) of all the Great Houses and leader of the Ashland tribes, that's the closest you get to becoming king.

3. No.

4. No, Imperial Legion is the only one, but House Redoran seems a bit knightly too.

5. Can't.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.