1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Solo challenge (not for the faint of heart)

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Volar Blackmane, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Pick a fighter (any race), get vampire's revenge as soon as you can and finish the game wielding that item all the way through.

2. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] And don't forget to play on insane difficulty! :grin:

With a multi- or dualclassed fighter, it may even be possible... Theoretically. ;)

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Slight misunderstanding there, I said fighter, not dual/multi fighter/whatever ;) You might want to try using explosive potions, potions of firebreath etc. Do this, earn the respect of your boardmembers, and prove everyone you're an amazingly tough bloke! (or whatever)

4. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Nope, no misunderstanding.

I just stated that with a multi- or dualclassed fighter, it might be possible. :)

Hmm, lots of spiders here...

5. UnEvilX Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yo, whats vampires revenge?

6. Vampire's Revenge is a sword that gives your HP to enemys. And plus, that's probalby impossible apart from tons & tons of potions....

7. Namuras Gems: 13/31

I couldn't resist.

I decided to give this challenge a try, to see how far I could get. On insane difficulty.

Wish me luck.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Impossible, the beginning isn't that hard but you cannot finish the game this way....

Why not try this with the sword of Brage, Two Handed Sword +3 with the beserk-function.

9. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Yes, logic says that it should be impossible. But on the other hand, in the 19th century they believed spaceflight was impossible too...

I'm still on logic's side, but we'll see.

Edit: I'll be posting his tale in Creativity Surge (if you wish to read it, that is. ;)). I've already posted the first part.

[This message has been edited by Namuras (edited April 05, 2002).]

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

You will find out taht is is impossible to kill protected mages like Daveorn and Semaj...

Still I wish your fighter Good luck!

11. jesper898 Guest

how can you kill your enemies if you give them hp?

12. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

You can't, so you're not supposed to give them any (duh).

13. kinslayer01 Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thats stupid...
    you'll never kill anything that way
    try to kill Tazok with an ordanary dagger
    Using a low level mage...
    you might last longer...

14. Namuras Gems: 13/31

It's stupid to play and seriously believe the mission will be successful, not to play and have fun. For that's what this game's about, no?

So far, no problems. For those who are waiting for an update, I can only say that I'll get to it as soon as things slow down, which hopefully means later this week.

15. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

The point was that this is a *challenge*. All those fire breathing potions and other damage dealing potions are there to, erm, deal damage.

And I'd rather pick a low level mage with a dagger. At that point of the game I'd probably have a load of monster summoning wands which I'd swamp the area with.

16. kinslayer01 Gems: 1/31

anyway where do you get vampires revenge?

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

You get it when you retrieve the Ancient Armor on the undead guy in the Firewine Ruins not too the other undead knights but to the Ghost of Ulcaster iirc.

18. Trias Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I tried with the Vampire's Revenge,i've been killed by Corbos:aaa:...(ehehe,shame on me!)

19. kinslayer01 Gems: 1/31

well start the game with a low level mage and use cheats to teleport yourself to where you fight tazok...
    there is no way you'll beat him

20. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

But that's cheating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.