1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SoA Speedrun

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elvenblade, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

And how do you manage to find such weird but cool speed-runs anyway? Do you really love these?

It is fun though, one must be a masterful player indeed to play the game so fast and abuse the game and use cheese to the max!

And there are downloadable records of the parts he played? Curious!

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

pretty crazy... watched the IWD speedrun ("pass nur auf") yesterday (home with a cold) and thought is was surreal... now I'll have to watch this as well...

4. DAMURDOC Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm glad you enjoy it :p I worked hard for it.

If you got questions feel free to post them here.

Click on the time, and it will show you the download links.

The website basically IS for hosting videos.

[ December 09, 2005, 04:18: Message edited by: DAMURDOC ]

5. HairySun Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I can't wait to see this

EDIT: Can anyone get me a link for DivX for Windows 98? (WMP 9 series)

[ December 09, 2005, 07:51: Message edited by: HairySun ]

6. w.d. Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I dont think there's divx compatible with win 98 (it wont work "with" your WMP) but divX has it's own player which will work on win 98. I think this should work for you, sorry if I'm wrong (I cant test it) http://www.divx.com/divx/divx_v6_me98.php
    by the way great video, I liked the most how you used wish spell (with wisdom potions?) that combo on sarevok was sweet!
    I only wish it was english version of the game!

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

That voice acting is terrible! Humerous though :D

8. DAMURDOC Gems: 1/31

i used wisdom potion so i can access the different wishes that normally you cannot get with 3 wisdom

The way i got rid of sarevock was indeed very funny :p

i dont have the english version of the game :p

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just how many times have you replayed the game before this speed run? :shake:

Btw, which language is this speed run in? German? I think all the other Infinity Engine speed runs have also been German. Pretty funny, considering how many more people there are out there with English versions still playing the game, but have never come up with any speed runs.

10. Bion Gems: 21/31

somehow, the gamers with the english version of SoA just aren't as efficient as the ones with the german version :hmm: :shake:

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

It's in French actually and the voice-over of Irenicus does every intonation wrong :D

12. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

no. you see we English version types are used to living in a world where there are numerous limits on speed like how, when, and where.

Where as the Germans have things like the Autoban and understand the joys, thrills, and responsibilities of going fast.

Or at least this is my excuse for why it always takes me so long.

13. Bion Gems: 21/31

oops... the IWD was in german tho...

the irenicus voice-over, tho my french is poor, seems quite tolerable compared to the imoen voice-over: even more annoying than the original! can't wait to hear what they do with jan...

just watched the first two sections, already taken up with bohdi... ahh, when I think of how long my runthroughs took... very impressive

14. DAMURDOC Gems: 1/31

Taluntain

I dont think a human being could count that far
    I played this game ALOT.

Bion

Don't know, but That was the french version.
    The guy who did the BG1 speedrun tough he could teach me some tricks about BG2, his tips where completly retarded as far as im concerned.

He wanted me to use a Fighter/mage/thief and level up. Gives you an idea.

Conclusion: French canadians are superior :D

And we all know imoen is annoying, no matter what voice they give to her.

15. Aerie's Number One Fan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    What do you use to record your games?

16. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've just had a look at the videos. Man that was quick!
    I'd like to note that the French voice acting was horrendously funny :lol:
    Irenicus was bad, but it's Renal that had me burst out laughing.

17. DAMURDOC Gems: 1/31

i use fraps

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.