1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So, I'm playing this on the iPad...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Klorox, May 14, 2013.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Which means I'm left without an instruction manual.

What are the level caps in this game? Or are there exp caps?

If it's an exp cap, can anybody let me know what the 'optimal' levels for dual class combinations are?

TIA

2. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Should be a hard-coded experience cap of 161,000 (assuming it's the same as BG:TotSC).

Then you've got the level progression tables, e.g., here. It shouldn't be too hard to work out what is optimal for you. A rather interesting possibility is dualling Xzar (CE Necromancer) to a Cleric: M6/C8 is the "optimal" result from this, and it's a fairly powerful combination of classes!

3. Klorox

Thanks!!!

4. MrMermaid

No worries!

May I ask what sort of race/class you think you'll go for?

5. Klorox

Not sure yet. I want to try all the new classes, and I've never done tutu successfully, so even kits in BG1 are new to me (although I find it odd that no NPCs I've met have kits yet).

I know the three new EE NPCs are in-app purchases, but I don't know how that's going to work.

I've read that there might be romances, but I don't know with which NPCs and what the requirements are for these are.

The Dragon Disciple looks really sweet!

On edit:

I had Jaheira, Khalid, Monteron and Xzar in the party at the same time (very early, I was on my way to pick up Ajantis from the FAI), and they started fighting each other. Jaheira and Khalid killed the two bad guys, and then left my party because I kept such poor company. My reputation was 7 or 8 at the time.

I just never remember that happening.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Condolences...?

hedron likes this.
  7. Klorox

LOL.

I am in the process of moving, and with a 3 year old in the house, I never get a chance to fire up my PC anyway (which hasn't even been hooked up yet).

I can, however, use my iPad during downtime at work. I can use the guest wifi to bypass my works Internet filter (which blocks gaming sites). And I can even play a little BGEE (and FFT:WotL).

This iPad is a godsend for me.

8. MrMermaid

I believe the romance option is
    Neera, the Wild Mage
    found in
    Beregost.
    Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure there are no pre-requisites.

I like the Blackguard kit the most, but that's 'cause I'm an evil b*****d. :evil:

About the Jaheira-Khalid vs. Xzar-Montaron fight---ha ha! That's hilarious! :) I'd have hunted down J&K, before they could de-spawn, for being so rude: killing my trusted companions and then fleeing the scene...

What class/race did you pick in the end? Guessing you were good-aligned as you were looking for Ajantis. And how well does the game function on the iPad?

9. Klorox

In that particular game I was a LG Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger.

Supposedly the Blackguard has a bisexual romance. I'd be surprised if either will romance a dwarf.

I like how it plays on the iPad. The only issue I have had is it takes some getting used to to get through doors.

---------- Added 2 hours, 12 minutes and 58 seconds later... ----------

Here's my current idea for a party(good):

Half Orc Fighter/Cleric (there's a Mace in this game that stuns like Celestial Fury!).
    Imoen (I will dual her to Mage, probably at level 6).
    Jaheira
    Khalid
    Ajantis

My last slot is up for debate, and im not totally opposed to letting Khalid meet an early demise. Do I try Neera, just because she's new? What about Coran, who can help with Thiefy stuff while Imoens skills are inactive? Maybe Garrick for an earlier spellchucker. Kivan is a beast with Composite Long Bows. Minsc is a great melee option as well.

I'm really not a huge fan of arcane magic in BG1. I'm perfectly fine with using just Imoen and not having any spells for the first 1/3 of the game. I have always favored more tanks.

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Been through BG:EE a few times now. Dorn is a BEAST in melee, has a great storyline as well. Rasaad is ok, but you are much better off creating a Monk if you want the full monk show in BG:EE. Rasaad is lacking stat-wise if you are looking for a frontliner, but has a good story line. Neera is romancable and also has a good storyline. There is a 4th NPC you can add as well.
    Baeloth, from the Pits, can join your party, though his level is greatly reduced.

11. MrMermaid

But...but...the Sleep spell OWNS in the early stages of this game.

12. Klorox

It certainly does, but missile weapons are just as effective IMHO.

My party construction is still up in the air. I just keep rolling characters. :)

The biggest problem with me and games like this is my inner-munchkin. I just need to be able to use the best items. It kills me to have awesome equipment go to waste.

Vorona likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.