1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So, about those pesky tournaments?

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Register, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yeah, as I mentioned in my last post; the European Championship of Football is currently ongoing and the going is bad.

I'm an Italy fan and you can understand how dissapointed I was with the team during and after the 0-3 loss against the Dutch. I've been following Italy since 1994 and this is the worst I've ever seen them playing and the first time I've seen them let in three goals in a single game. Just as a comparision; during the entire World Cup in Germany 2006 they let in two goals(one own goal and one penalty). That's two goals in seven games. This tournament is up to three goals in one game.

Anyway, I tipped an Italy - Germany final but it doesn't look that way. After the first round(and the second for group A) I have these predictions:

Group A:
    Portugal
    Czech Republic
    Turkey
    Switzerland

Comment: Rather easy to predict now with only one round left. Had the Swiss won against Turkey I would've bet for them to pass instead of the Czech Republic but the unfortunate loss drove the Swiss out of the tournament. Too bad, I like their team. The loss of Alexander Frei really hurt them.

Group B:
    Germany
    Poland
    Croatia
    Austria

Comment: My predictions and my hopes. Germany is my second team after Italy and Poland is my fourth after Italy, Germany and Sweden and while Croatia have a chance to taking that spot I think Poland will go through.

Group C:
    Netherlands
    Italy
    France
    Romania

Comment: Italy is tough, never forget that. Of Donadoni is smart enough he'll have Grossi, Zambrotta, Cassano, Del Piero, and Pirlo all playing together from start and annihilate Romania's defences. France is weak and Romania has the spirit but not the strength. The Dutch will win the group and loose in the quarter-finals. If they don't then they'll win the entire cup.

Group D:
    Spain
    Sweden
    Russia
    Greece

Comment:
    I bet on Sweden loosing against Greece but if they play as they played against Greece then I'll see a draw against Spain and a win against Russia. I thought Hiddink would lead Russia to a safe second place in the group but unless he shakes up things completely until Saturday he's screwed.

Current Predictions:
    1. Germany
    2. Portugal
    3. Spain, Italy
    5. Netherlands, Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic

But yeah, really pissed at Italy for their game. Unless they shape up I won't miss them for the tournament when they're kicked out; they woulnd't deserve to pass.

However, on the other hand, I find the completely irrational hate for Italy that so many hold to be extremely dumb and childish. They hate Italy only because Italy is Europe's best team. Sure, they play foul at times but I bid you to point out one major football nation that doesn't. One. Italy is the best team in Europe, both currently and historically. It's time to get the **** over it.

Also, some football trivia:
    The referee for the Switzerland - Turkey game has another job; member of the Slovakian Parliament.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.