1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Smaller parties

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ethan, May 4, 2001.

1. Ethan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm planning to go through the game again with a smaller party this time. My current plans are:

me (swashbuckler/mage dual-class)
    Anomen
    Keldorn
    NPC o' the day (for quests)

I figure with those three I'll cover all the important bases. I definitly want Anomen this time, because I havn't used him before.

Does anyone have suggestions or interesting past experience with smaller parties? I'd love to hear it!

--
    Ethan

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

all im gunna say is bad choice for your attackers, because both of them have very low dexterity...

3. Ezmer Gems: 1/31

looks pretty slim in the area of a good TANK.

4. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

You defenitely should go for a mage and probably also for another druid/cleric.
    So pick Aerie on your way too!

5. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I think your choice looks fine. Four characters is a nice number to go with.

IronEagle makes a good point about the low Dex, but I think you can learn to live with that.

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

When you choose playing 4 chars, maybe it's a better idea to create all 4 chars by yourself (to equalize it something with a party of six)

4 persons is good, but only one dual classed mage can be a problem when you have to cast some more spellsin a situation.

7. Icecold39 Banned

Having low dex is no big deal because you can equip one of them with gauntlets of dex.it raises the wearers dex to 18

8. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

but u can only equip ONE with the gauntlets, the other'll be taking many trips to the hospital. try jaheira, she's a nice fighter with strength improving stuff n if u get past the bitching u can romance her.

9. Ethan Gems: 1/31

I didn't consider the dex factor. It's true I can up the dex on one fighter with gauntlets.

I don't want to create a custom party to make it equivalent to a six person party. That would defeat the whole point of playing with less!

As I said I want to keep Anomen for sure, so maybe I'll have take someone other than Keldorn if I can't buff them up enough with items.

--
    Ethan

10. [​IMG] Smaller is better. I'm using two created characters (a sorcerer and thief/fighter) who will eventually be my only two characters, I think.

I am romancing Jaheira, and then I cycle in various npc's for quests.

I have to keep Jah. for now because my thief/fighter has not leveled off yet. She's still fighting as a simple 10th level fighter, and good grief the jump from 10-11 is huge. But when I make that jump, we'll be ready to go.

Being at chapter two with an 11th level wizard and an assassin thief (11) /fighter leveled out will be big fun.

bgp

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Im playin an all out evil party with me as an evil sorcerer so i only have Korgan, Edwin and Viconia as npc. Its rough without thieving skills but i manage. Im thinking of taking in Keldorn cause i see a person like him as evil you cant be so rigorous lawful and judgemental and still be good at heart.
    Or it is just fun to use the system =)

12. Spyrer the Drow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I playerd with

me
    Viconia
    Korgan
    Jan

Edwin would have been in the party but i lost him because of a bug

13. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Why dont You just give it a try? and see how it works.
    Just remember to have a good stash of healingpotions (27hp)
    And watch out for those nimbleness skills(hence lockpicking and trapfinding. It makes life so much easier).
    I would try to play the maincharacter as agressive as possible keeping the preasure on Your two other "fighters" Anomen and Keldorn lower. Also spend money on breech, speltrust pierce magic etc. scrolls against those terrorising mages.

This is of course just ment as inspiration to your gameplay not a golden and wellconsidered rule.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 10, 2001).]

14. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Take:

*Evil*

F/M/T, Korgan, Viconia, Edwin.
    Proceed to kick ass.

*Goody-Goody*
    Keldorn
    Aerie
    Fighter dual Thief at lvl 9

*Or -> my current party: I had the very same problem of having Anomen and Keldorn having bad DEX *

Modjahed - Inquisitor
    Anomen
    Jaheira
    Imoen

this is as tough 4 person party as it gets, considering that:

- I have all magic (cleric, druid, mage)
    - Imoen is OK for a thief
    - I will be able to use all the good weapons: Crom, Carsomyr, Gesen Bow, Staff of Magi, Staff of the Woodlands
    - and all the good armors: Robes of Vecna, Dragon Scales, Plate of Balduran, Armor of the Hart for great AC
    - still some room for romance :D

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] smooth... :cool:
    That's a clever way to get a grasp of everything, still playing single player, and keeping it to 4, and to have some NPC interaction.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.