1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Slipknot...

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Mystra's Chosen, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I don't care what anyone says, (and I know all the 13 year old shredders will agree with me) I think Slipknot is a good band. Songs like Eyeless, Left Behind, and Heretic Song, will make you cringe by the pure evil blasting out your speakers.

They may not be "talented" or "technical" but I really could care less. If it makes me feel like I'm on an adrenaline rush, then turn it up! Heretic Song plays alongside Disciple (Slayer) or Refuse/Resist (Sepultura) quite nicely (or evilly, whichever). Of course, none of their songs can stand up to the likes of Dead Skin Mask or Angel of Death.

[edit: Made the title a little less "controversial". Didn't really want to put across a Slipknot VS Slayer thing anyway. :D ]

[ August 01, 2004, 07:58: Message edited by: Mystra's Chosen ]

2. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I must say I hate Slipknot, although there first album was cool.

I saw both Slipknot and Slayer live And I can tell you live Slipknot sucks because Correy just can't sing.

You were right about eyeless by the way I love this song and Tattered and Torned and the Intro from the first cd. I hated every track on there second album so I never heart the thirth although the first single is as crappy as can be.

So NO the are not as good as Slayer :p (But I gonna Play Eyeless now! Hell Yeah!)

By the way and Heretic anthem is IMHO the worst metal track ever...

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I don't think there's any comparison between the two bands. Slayer have released classic albums that are in the top ten on every metal-album-of-all-time list. Slipknot may be one of the better nu-metal bands but definitely not in the same realm as Slayer. (And yes, the 13 year olds would disagree)

4. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Slipknot is a good band, but Slayer is WAY out of their league, you just can't compare.

5. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Can't say I've consciously heard Slayer, but I personally can't stand Slipknot. Just too heavy and unintelligible for me. Plus they have some questionable hygiene issues, such as throwing fecal matter around on stage and never washing their masks, regardless of the amount of crap that stick to and in them.

But, I do realise that there are people who enjoy their music so I credit them for that. Much like there are people who actually like The Backstreet Boys et al.

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

The only Slayer albums I really loved were Reign in Blood and God Hates Us All. Divine Intervention is, IMO, the worst of the worst.

But you guys are right. Slipknot doesn't come close to Slayer. I got that across in my post, but I overstated in the topic title.

Sleepless...
    Really? You hate Heretic Song (anthem, whatever)? Why? I think the double bass roll through the whole friggin thing is just awesome.

Anyway, I just started getting into metal recently. I was all about the punk before, but I started listening to Slayer, Sepultura, and Pantera and I was hooked. So you'll have to forgive me. :)

7. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31

PFFT...metal>punk

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Divine Intervention is the only Slayer album I own, and I know it was a bad choise :) although there is one real cool track on it, can't remember the name but lyricks go like: Blind my eyes still I can see things are getting wrong for me.

About the Heretic Anthem: If your 555 I'm 666! Good to be a heretic :S No way a song with lyricks like that can be good :p No serious I really hate the song Now matter how cool the bassroll may sound...

I also hate the clip of that song they just try to hard to look evil with the goat and the fire and the light up 666 and stuff. Rob Zombie is doing that to, but he does it with style, that's the big difference...

9. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    ROTFLMAO! :lol: You wish! I've heard no mention of Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits or South of Heaven yet. Amateurs :p

10. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31

All i said was slayer was better, i never listed their best songs or albums :p

11. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

I give no claim to being a connoiseur of thrash metal.

Now if we start talking about punk I've probably got you all licked :p

Whatever. I've really gotten sick of Slipknot in the last couple days. I guess they fall into the rule of thumb that if you like them right off the bat, they'll probably lose coolness. Slayer, on the other hand, still has me thouroughly hooked. (I guess that's why they're considered one of the greatest.)

12. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31

I have a question..the title of this thread says Slipknot... on my Sensorium pages..do I have a glitch of some kind or did you someone change the name..?

13. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

No it definitely says "Slipknot...". The title may have been changed.

14. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

The edit on my first post explains all...

15. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

I never really understood why there are nine guys in this band. Granted, it's better to take them off the streets where they could get themselves into messy things like drugs or rock music, but nine?

There is this big percussion section, ok, but does anybody really hear them playing anything? I certainly don't. What are they doing on stage? Do they have spare musicians in case one accidently drops off stage? Weird...

16. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

There are NINE?!? Holy crap. They certainly suck for that many. I thought there was 4! (BTW, in case you haven't guessed, I don't have MTV.)

17. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

I found this: DJ Sid Wilson, drummer Joey Jordison, bassist Paul Grey, percussionist Chris Fehn, guitarist James Root, sampler/programmer Craig Jones, percussionist Shawn "Clown" Crahan, guitarist Mick Thompson, and lead vocalist Corey Taylor.

So they've got 2 percussionists, a DJ, and a programmer in addition to the 5 band members you normally find. I can see that it is vital to have a programmer on stage. He can get a bit of real work done while all his mates are stupidely fooling around, maybe write some mods for BG or suchlike...

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

You don't hear the 2 percussion players? are you deaf or something???

The ninth guy is the sample/media guy he replaces the dj when he is stage diving or peeing on stage.

But since many of the members are busy with other things then making music, you don't always hear them!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.