1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - New Additions

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Mar 1, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Section Updates -> Guestbook

I have implemented a new guestbook which now runs directly off the site. It should load much faster and look better as well. Please take a minute to sign it if you haven't already.

You can access the archives of the old guestbook by clicking on the Guestbook Archives link in the same section.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate 2

Starting on top, let's head over to the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection. I have capped Sylvus' Online Solution so that it now lists only the areas that are actually covered in the solution. I also added a note to the Solution Updates page which now states that work on the solution has ceased.

On the same page you will find two new guides by Ragusa. He finally got around to fixing the saving throws overview, but he also submitted a detailed look at the proficiencies per level & class.

On Page 1 of Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection, one new addition was made; namely the Dragonlance portraits pack submitted by TheBlackRose.

On Page 2 of the same subsection, we have two excellent new additions. The first is a collection of bugfixes by Extremist, very creatively named the SP Fixpack. It fixes many bugs that the official SoA patch does not and should prove useful to many people.

The other new addition is the Solaufein Romance Mod Pack. We list all of the features of this great mod and link to its official site.

In the TeamBG subsection the link to MageDuel was fixed - its official site turned into a dead link so I put the whole mod up for download. If anyone knows what happened to its official site (or who the mod's authors are), please drop me a note.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Pool of Radiance: RoMD

In the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection, two new walkthroughs were added. One is online-only and also has maps, while the other one is a very detailed downloadable one.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Icewind Dale 2

Whew... where to start here? Practically every page in this subsection was updated.

In the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection, the first updated page is the IWD2 Info Compilation. Here I have added information about weapon styles & specialization, armor class & types, saving throws, ability scores and the Use Magic Device skill.

The IWD2 3e Classes page was also updated with minor changes.

The Class Kits page has been totally overhauled. It now contains the latest info about all of the kits, and was purged of the ones that BIS gave up on. (Like the Mercenary and Wizard Slayer.)

The Races & Subraces page has been updated with the latest info. Minor changes only.

In the Miscellanea subsection, I added the new Drow portrait painting to the Concept Art & Images page.

Finally, I added 20 new screenshots from various sources to the Screenshots subsection. Still no interface shots, but the rest looks mighty cool...

Subsection Updates - Fantasy Worlds -> Forgotten Realms

On the Miscellaneous part of the index page I added the link to the HeroMachine.

Subsection Updates -> Fantasy Books

There have been many changes and additions here as well.

First of all, the Planescape book subsection has been removed entirely since even those 5 novels set in the multiverse have been sold out by now and none of the Amazons carried any more copies. The only Planescape book still in print, Torment, has been moved to the Computer Game Tie-ins category on Page 1 of the Forgotten Realms book subsection.

In the wake of the Planescape book subsection I erected a new one - Greyhawk book subsection. WoTC seem to be paying a bit more attention to Greyhawk now, so a couple of novels that are actually worth reading have already been released. So check out our new Greyhawk book subsection and support SP by buying the books through our links! :)

All of the other pages in this section have been updated either by fixing some links or adding new ones previously not available. I'll list only the most notable changes/additions:

Dissolution, the first in the new R.A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen series is now available for pre-order from Page 1 of the Forgotten Realms book subsection.

The Counselors & Kings series has been moved to Page 2 of the Forgotten Realms book subsection. The newest part in the series, The Wizardwar, has been added to it along with a sample chapter for you to read.

On the same page, a new book in the Return of the Archwizards series has been added. It is dubbed Realms of Shadow and is actually an anthology.

Further down (among the Sembia books), I have added Heirs of Prophecy, the newest book in this intriguing series.

Switching to Dragonlance; on Page 2 of the Dragonlance books subsection you can now download a sample chapter of The Golden Orb, which is the second part of the Icewall Trilogy in the making.

A bit further down, the upcoming release in the Barbarians Cycle has been added - Sister of the Sword.

The last new addition on this page is a sample chapter of Dragons of Summer Flame.

To conclude, the first in the new Dungeons & Dragons series, The Savage Caves novel, has been added to the Miscellaneous book subsection. Expect this one to be moved once it actually gets released and it becomes clear where it fits.

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.