1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - New Additions

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Dec 27, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Subsection Updates -> Articles & Editorials

I have added the text that was supposed to be posted at a certain The Lord of the Rings edition at Amazon.com, but was rejected by the censors there, to the Articles & Editorials subsection. Just in case anyone has missed it during the time it was posted on the front page. (And thanks to all of you who mailed me and expressed your approval of what I wrote!)

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate

I have fixed the links to the official patches in the Miscellanea subsection.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Planescape: Torment

Another NPC quote has been sent in, and was added to the PS: T Quotes page.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate 2

As with the BG1 subsection, I fixed the patch links in the Miscellanea subsection of BG2 as well. I also added the beta patch for ToB that fixes the long save/load times. I usually don't add betas to any pages on SP, but this one has held this status for many weeks now and it doesn't look as if BioWare is in a hurry to get it out of this state, so I added it anyway.

In the Maps subsection, I added a complete map of all areas you can travel to in Throne of Bhaal.

There is a new addition in the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection as well. Rhythm put together a list of Throne of Bhaal: The Ascension epilogue texts, some of which are a bit longer than the shortened versions you get in the original Baldur's Gate 2. In case you are wondering, ToB: The Ascension is a free mod by David Gaider of BioWare, and can be found on Page 2 of our Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection.

Two new additions were also made on Page 1 of Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection. One of the members of our boards has sent in a fixed version of the Juggernaut golem, and another fan has submitted a collection of powerful new custom items.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Pool of Radiance: RoMD

The recent 1.3 patch has been added to the Miscellanea subsection.

Team Chlorine came up with another mod for the game. This one allows you to play a wizard - well, almost. They also updated the speed control utility to work with the new patch. You can get both from the Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection.

Subsection Updates -> Fantasy Worlds

There is a review The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings in the Fantasy Movies subsection. It has been posted about on the front page before, so check it out only if you missed it back then.

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.