1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - New Additions

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Sep 18, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Subsection Updates -> Games

I have removed the 2nd/3rd Edition Conversion Manual from the main games page since frankly, it had no place there. It has been repacked and moved to the Forgotten Realms (Misc) subsection of the Fantasy Worlds section.

Subsection Updates -> Community

There's a new link in the Related Links subsection. Among the Miscellaneous Sites you'll find Mature Gamer, a site you should definitely check out if you are one.
    If you click on the Sorcerer's Place Banners on the same page, you'll be able to see the new banner I made for SP. The image used is from Neverwinter Nights, just in case you're wondering.

Subsection Updates -> Fantasy Worlds

If you've been around for a while and have browsed all the sections of SP, then you'll know that the Other Worlds subsection never really took off and was more or less defunct. Hoping to remedy that I've removed it altogether and created a new subsection in its place.
    The new subsection is called Fantasy Fiction and I'm sure you've already guessed what kind of things you'll be able to find there.

Right now there are two stories in it that have been moved from the old Other Worlds subsection and 17 stories that have been posted on our message boards. There's no fear that people will stop producing good stories on the boards (and we'll add more to the existing list regularly), but I would also like to get some submissions from people who write stories in such a form that can be presented on pages of SP, not just linked to like we do for the board stories.
    So, if you have any fantasy stories you would like to share with the rest of us, please send them over and we will put them online and give you full credit.

As for the Forgotten Realms subsection, there has been a slight change there as well. I've moved all the miscellaneous stuff into one table so it's a bit easier to find now. A new addition there is EBoN - Everchanging Book of Names. It's an excellent piece of software which makes creation of fantasy names a breeze. Definitely a must download.

Subsection Updates -> Fantasy Books

A number of new sample chapters from various books can be found on Page 1 & Page 2 of the Forgotten Realms Books subsections and on Page 2 of the Dragonlance Books subsection. In the 3rd Edition D&D books subsection I've replaced some old covers of certain manuals with the actual covers they were/will be released with.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate 2

If you open the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection you will see that the NPCs guide there has been renamed to include Throne of Bhaal, so yes, I've added the information about Sarevok to the list. You can access the same NPCs guide through our Baldur's Gate II Online Solution.

In the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection the Troubleshooting FAQ has been updated; it now includes Throne of Bhaal. I've moved it up the list a bit since many people find it very helpful.

On the same page you can find a new guide dubbed Priest Spells List & Analysis which is exactly that. Worth the read.

Moving on to Page 1 of the ever popular Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection... Here you can find an excellent new addition in the form of 6 "templates" which are similar to kits, but not quite. (Load the page for more info.) Very interesting stuff and big thanks to Lavir for sending them in!

Lower on the same page is a zip with the portrait of Sarevok from Throne of Bhaal, which might come in handy to folks without the expansion. But wait, there's more! It seemed like a waste leaving all those small portraits you see in the game unused, so I extracted them from BG2 & ToB and packed them together. You can download the whole collection just beneath the row where Sarevok's portrait is.

On Page 2 of the Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection you can download the latest version of the Bhaalpowers Addition which now includes a description of them all. Thanks for this go to Baldurdash. Also check out the updated Improved Tougher Abazigal.

The last updated file today is uScript, which now has even more features.

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.