1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - *Lots* of New Additions

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jun 5, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Subsection Updates -> Fantasy Books

About 5 or 6 new sample chapters have been added for various Forgotten Realms & Dragonlance books. Also, the 3rd Edition D&D Books subsection now has a new cover for the Monster Manual II, and 3 new additions. First is the City of the Spider Queen (in FR Material) and the other two (in Various Accessories) are Book of Vile Darkness and d20 Modern Roleplaying Game. All three are available for pre-order.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate 2

First new addition has been made in the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection. Here you can download a new list of all the scrolls (with codes) from Baldur's Gate 2 and the expansion.

In the TeamBG subsection I've added two lost mods - The Planar Sphere mod and the Company of Eight mod. Links to their original sites have been dead for a while now (and there is no contact info in the mod zips either) so I've put them up for download by request. Since I have next to no information about the Planar Sphere mod I would appreciate it if someone who knows more about it could mail me with details.

There is also the standard slew of new additions & updates in the Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection.

In Subsection #2, you can download a cool new spell which summons a red dragon to fight at your side. You will also find an updated version of the Extra Playable Characters there, which now has Drizzt as one of the extra NPCs.

In Subsection #3, you can find the latest version of Extremist's now legendary SP Fixpack. This release adds tons of new bug fixes and is in a totally new format - WeiDU - which means that it's compatible with nearly every other mod out there.

In Subsection #5, two updated portrait packs can be downloaded. TheBlackRose has updated his Dragonlance portraits pack to include some pics of Elminster, and Gopherboy has expanded his portrait pack a great deal with some nifty new recolourings and new portraits.

In Subsection #7, you can find links to 4 new mods: WeiDU Ascension, Ease-of-Use Mod, Item Upgrade Mod and Valen NPC Mod.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Icewind Dale 2

In the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection, new info can be found in the Info Compilation. On Page 1 I have added the recently revealed information about Malavon & returning characters, and on Page 2 the mage opposition schools.

In the Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection we have two more portrait packs from our regular contributor. They are simply awesome, but don't take my word for it, download them and see for yourself.

In the Miscellanea subsection I have added a link where you can download 3 sample tracks of the Icewind Dale 2 music.

Finally, you can view 3 new screenshots on Page 3 of the Screenshots subsection.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Neverwinter Nights

The Neverwinter Nights subsection has been occupying me fully for the last two days. I have finally elevated it to a full-fledged subsection now that I have a good picture what kind of subsection division makes sense for this game, since it deviates from the norm of older BioWare/BIS games. If you look carefully at the subsection division below you will notice a couple of changes to the regular layout I've used for all other games covered on SP.

I will not list all additions & updates to each of the new subsections because there are simply too many, so just load all of them and look for the flashing NEW picture.

The first is the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection. There are 5 items here currently, more or less in the form of guides and general information about Neverwinter Nights. Once the game is actually released I will rearrange things a bit and move some of what is here now to other subsections.

The Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection is especially interesting. Since the release of the beta Toolset I have been extracting and compiling various information and here is where you can find details on most of what will be included in the game. You can currently find info on class packs, animal companions & familiars, monsters, spells, feats and skills.

Editors, Hacks & Tweaks is the first subsection with a changed name, mainly because I don't really expect many custom characters when everyone's able to make their own so easily.

Updated here are a bunch of new modules for the Model Viewer and Bif and Mod Unpackers.

Toolset & Related is the first totally NWN-specific subsection. As the name implies, it will contain everything having to do with the Aurora Toolset. You can already download the beta Toolset from here, find additional fan-made tilesets, read some guides and more.

Modules, yet another NWN-specific subsection will contain just that. Expect to see many post-release modules here, and you will be able to submit your modules to be hosted by SP as well.

Screenshots is the only subsection that essentially remains the same in this update. While I have a ton of new screenshots that I could post, I lack the necessary time to create an additional gallery so for the latest shots, keep checking our front page.

On the other hand, the Miscellanea subsection has been updated a bit. I have added a couple of new movies/trailers to the list, a sample mp3 of NWN music and put a link to our guild page in here.

Last is the Forums subsection, which now does not link directly to one forum but opens a page where all our NWN-related forums are listed.

* * *Whew! Now that we're all done with the site news, I would like to thank all of the people who have contributed to Sorcerer's Place in one way or another in the weeks since I have put up the "help support Sorcerer's Place" link on all pages. As you've undoubtedly noticed, I had to place timer-based pop-ups on the site and the boards, but the income from the pop-ups doesn't pay even half of the monthly server costs, let alone anything else.

The regular banner advertising does not bring in any money unless people actually buy something after clicking on the ads, so you can imagine that I'm practically running those banners for free. Our games and book stores are doing a little better (thanks to people who buy through our links), but with the low commissions it still means only a couple of dollars a month. If you buy books and games online, please remember to buy through Sorcerer's Place! It costs you nothing extra, but is a huge help in getting our monthly bill paid.

Whether I can pay the other half of the monthly bill largely depends on the donations from generous visitors who value all the hard work going into this site since 1999. Again, I must thank each of you who have donated to SP, since it is basically your contributions that keep this site afloat.

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.