1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Simply amazing

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Jhonka, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Spoilers are lurking about below, be careful.

I just finished my first run through this wonderful game last night, and all I can really say is "wow." Something has finally usurped BG2's spot at the top of my game storyline list. PS:T is one of, if not the single, most amazing games I've ever played. I can't believe I let myself go as long as I did without playing it.
    The Fortress of Regrets really blew me away, even more so than the rest of the game. Annah so willingly and furiously went after the boss, really gives a great impression of her feelings for TNO. And Fall-From-Grace's scene in the Fortress was equally awesome, the way she slowly circled around him, prodding, asking questions.

Then, on the fortress roof, tricking the green oaf into leaving in order to raise your companions :D
    The only thing I regret (har har) about how I played the ending is that I forgot to ask the boss (refraining from saying who he is just in case some spoiler monkey is looking ahead, I just can't ruin the surprise :D ) 'what can change the nature of a man?' I think I'll load up my save game and do that.
    One last thing to gush over: Upon revival, I was very impressed with the writing (and Dak'kon himself) when TNO announces that it's time for the end.

Onto some questions: Every once in a while on here or other forums, I'll see mention of weapons that can change their form to suit the wielder's preferences. I certainly never encountered anything like this; could someone tip me off as to where/how such things can happen?
    Also, are there any joinable NPCs other than Morte, Annah, FFG, Nordom (probably spelled wrong), Vhailor, and Ignus? Not that I'd feel shorted if there aren't, as the ones I've had with me (everyone but Nordom for at least a short time) are extremely well written.

[ March 09, 2005, 04:09: Message edited by: Jhonka ]

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Give the Modron Cube to Coaxmetal in the Siege Tower after returning from Baator.

Da'akon.

3. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Another 'shifting' weapon can be acquired by killing Trias. Or by having Vhailor with you when you decide to let Trias go (heh, heh!).

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    But Trias' sword can only be used if you are Lawful good. Unlike the entropic blade which any alignment can use.

5. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

@Rastor: Whoops, already knew about Dak'kon.. I'm surprised I forgot to list him, seeing as he's my favorite :p

@Takara, Midwinter, Rastor again: Cool, thanks for the information :)

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    See, that's what we've been saying on these boards for ages :)

Glad you liked the game. I felt the same when I played it - it's the one game that made me throw my "there is no ONE best game ever" rule in the trash.

7. canton_kid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yes a totally remarkable game, that throws an endless flow of dirty humor, harlot and zombies, and also the best part, and endless stream of childish dialogue ur way. Feels like a peter pan fantasy, and what a way to relive ur childhood. Damn theres even an ugly succubus with wings that resembles tinkerbell and a pickpocket with tails, that awfully reminds me of a certain wendy.

8. Atari Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

An experienced RPG player I have only recently heard of PST and its accomplishments. Used to playing combat oriented games like Baldur's Gate I was hesitant to play it. Now that I finally have the game I only have two words to explain what my first impression was, holy s***! I curse myself for not playing this game before now. I am shocked that this game did not receive acceptance within the gaming population. Black Isle should receive a medal for gaming excellence!

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    They have... The game's won dozens of awards.

10. Atari Man Gems: 6/31

Good to know. They sure deserve it!

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Unfortunately dozens of awards are meaningless if the game does not sell, which is the case with Planescape Torment.

12. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

They would had only needed to make a sequel to really cash it out, you know, like with BG. ;)

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Actually this game is the perfect sleeper hit. It didn't sell much at first, which is unfortunately the deciding aspect in business, but after winning all the awards, and after word-of-mouth did its job, a lot of people rushed to buy the game. Sadly, it was too late as far as Interplay was concerned, and they stopped making copies of the game. Which is probably why it's so hard to find now.

14. Atari Man Gems: 6/31

If a gaming company wanted to tap into some real potential they could make a sequel to this awsome game. Or even better, a prequel. There is alot of things that could be covered, like the Nameless One's past. Or maybe I'm just fooling myself. Does anyone else think another PS game would be cool.

15. Gro'Mul Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Another PS game could be great, but I don't think there will be one. Maybe this is for the best, but chances are it could turn out to be an unworthy successor. And that would be a shame.

16. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, there are so many epic mods for BG, several of them as big as a separate game. Maybe there could be a Biiiiiiiig mode for PS:T, prequel or sequel ?
    Though I doubt people are interested in making this.

17. Atari Man Gems: 6/31

"Another PS game could be great, but I don't think there will be one."

Yeah, instead someone will spend thousands on another RPG fake that falls short by most people's standards. If the Torment enterprise (I wish) is exspired maybe a differnt game and different story set in the outlands would be fun. Face it, how many RPG games are set in the Forgotten Realms, alot. The other planes could hold some great environments for exploring.

18. Mercury Star Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Jhonka, play this game for another time. You will not believe how much you can miss on the first play with Planescape Torment.

For example: there are 9 ways to finish the game!

19. grey_wolf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

jhonka my advice would be to play the game quite a few more times. for one (im not sure if star was counting all the ways to finish before the end so i may be wrong) theres a couple more than nine ways to finish and theres alot of little things you could do to make a difference. try joining the anarchists or (even though it goes against what pst is about) try playing with just the nameless one. iv only found one flaw with this game. its the best game iv ever played but nothing changes so once you have everything memorized its replay value drops by alot.
    any one know any other games that are even remotly close to torment? the only games iv played from this sight so far is torment (which led me to this site) and toee (which i bought because of the site)

20. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Remotely close? Well, the storyline in BG2 is pretty darn similar. BG2 is probably the most "replayable" of the Infinity Engine games.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.