1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Silver Valhalla Horn

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by apurimac, Oct 11, 2000.

1. apurimac Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I went to a weaponsmith and he said he can upgrade the horn with a diamond.I remember finding a diamond but I sold it and I cant remember which merchant I sold it to. Where are diamonds in the game. Also what sort of upgrade does the smith do for the horn. Normally you get a 5th level beserk warrior for one minute to fight for you. Do you get a higher level warrior with upgrade or what?

2. Gotrek45 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

What weaponsmith did you go to? I went to the Dwarf at the docks and he couldn't do anything to it. Is it the guy by the circus in Waukeen's promenade?

3. apurimac Gems: 1/31

Yes thats the guy. I wish I had known about the upgrade before I had sold the diamond now I have to go to all the dang merchants in the city to see which one I sold it to. Unless there are more diamonds somewhere. Has anyone done the upgrade to the horn? Is it worth it?

4. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

ive upgraded the horn but to be honest i dont use it that much is this a mistake i dont know maybe i should use it more then i wont get my ass kicked so much.... it also costs 2000 gold as well as a diamond .

5. Arulis Gems: 1/31

So just exactly which guy does the upgrading of the horn of vahalla? you lost me along the way.... :p Would be really nice if you could give him a name, or well, if it's the guy by the circus...just where by the circus? if it's the crowell dwarf...he didn't offer anything regarding the horn...hmmz

6. Gotrek45 Gems: 2/31

It's the weapon merchant on the little platform to the left of Cearnd's former home.

7. Gotrek45 Gems: 2/31

And if you get the gem from the chicken, he can upgrade the upgraded horn into a funky lookin' music box that's apparently a horn

8. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31

is this further upgrade necessary,i have the silver horn of valhalla and ive just puleed the gem from the chicken is it worth the cash to upgrade the horn again

9. mountain-mike Gems: 2/31

Will any old diamond do, or does it have to be the chicken diamond. If so, where's the funky chicken? I want my funky horn!

10. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31

the chicken is in the umar hills area west of the three lads who want beer and swords

11. mountain-mike Gems: 2/31

I've answered my own question. It doesn't have to be THAT diamond, any old diamond will do apparently. It's just a question of the right dialog choices with the weapons merchant.

12. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31

its the beljuril gem that is contained inside the chicken sorry

13. mountain-mike Gems: 2/31

Again, the merchant isn't fussy. ANY old berujil will do. I bought mine from the Copper Coronet (not sure if I didn't sell it to him in the first place!). I'm almost tempted to sow a little confusion with a spoof posting on this one after the chicken red herring... "To kill the chicken containing the diamond you need the +7 kitchen knife from the farmer's wife in Umar. The berujil can be found after feeding the poisoned rat from the lower sewers to the circus cat in Waukeen's Promenade. This will give the cat the runs and the gem can subsequently be found in the kitty litter."
    But that would be cruel...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.