1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Signatures Enabled for Everyone

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] We've enabled signatures for SPS account holders a while ago, and now they are available to everyone (you can add yours in your User CP).

There are certain limitations put in place:

- you can't use any images in your signature
    - Maximum Characters in Signature Including BBCode Markup: 125
    - Maximum Characters in Signature Excluding BBCode Markup: 100
    - Maximum Lines in Signature: 2
    - this is allowed: basic/link vB Code

What You Shouldn't Do in Your Sig:

- Please do not include any fully or partially auto-censored words in your signature. Auto-censor is something that shouldn't need to be applied in any signature.

----

Please note that signature restrictions for SPS account holders do allow for images/smilies and have higher maximum characters and lines allowed (as specified in the SPS forum).

The restrictions and allowances here may change at any time, depending on how the signatures are being used. This is merely what we're starting with.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is outrageous! Lowly peasants shouldn't be allowed perks like this!!

I demand to speak with the manager!!!

:p

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh. :heh:

Tal's just a softy for the common folk. At least we still get images! :p :rolling:

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Wait....who's Everyone? :skeptic: I never seen his posts, so he must have done something spectacular to earn this.

Montresor likes this.
  5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Woo hoo. Signatures are for winners. May images come next, so we can all have pictures of naked chicks in our signatures :). It's the future.

6. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    And that's why you aren't allowed pictures :D

Kitrax likes this.
  7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Bureaucracy gone mad

8. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I think this was a wrong idea. Was nice as a perk for those who are SPS members, but to give to all? :nono: This makes the BoM in a bit like all the other dreadful BS forums. It might even stop new members joining.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The signature options for non-SPS members are significantly limited compared to those of SPS account holders, so I don't think that they really count as anything more than a basic board function for non-SPS members.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Keep it small and please, don't allow graphic images. Ever.

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yay. Now I can add my personal belief to every post :D

Thanks Tal.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    @kuemper
    Images are perks only for us SPS folk...and IIRC, I'm the only one who has taken advantage of said perk. :skeptic: :rolling:

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's because everyone else so far has enough good taste to avoid images like the plague.

14. Taluntain

Media:
    I'm sure that we'll have more images in signatures eventually, but considering how many years we've done without, it's natural not to have an onslaught of them as soon they are available. And for stuff that makes sense in signatures, text is good enough in 99% of cases.

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    A wrong idea, but OK if you keep it amongst your elite? Stop members, don't make me laugh. Anyone who doesn't join a forum because it happens to allow sigs I reckon seriously needs to evaluate their life. Signatures are great. They allow a poster to be more individual, and a lot are funny besides. Liven a forum up - the BoM could do with more of it sometimes.

16. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Thanks for the signature capability, Tal -- love it! :D

17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I like the way Tal has implemented signatures. :thumb: Account Holders have plenty of perks including their own private forum where they can go and gossip about whatever/whoever they want. Subject of course to Board rules.

18. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Keep it amogst the elite? Well, I did say people who support SP do deserve some perks.

19. Splunge

Media:
    Oh, come on, Nakia. You know as well as I do that the Board rules don't apply to the private forum. It's another great perk. Why, it's a veritable no-holds-barred orgy of rule-breaking goodness in there!

\me tries to drum up new SP members.

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :) Yes, son, I added that last line as an after-thought because I didn't want the hoi polloi to think we got away with murder. :evil:

Splunge likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.