1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sigh, another problem. Constant Crashing

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Koveras, May 31, 2002.

1. Koveras Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The title pretty much sums it up. Using my newfound ability to play decently while getting the NPC messages, I now find that the game continues to crash. It's a constant problem! Am I cursed? I can't even get out of Irenicus's dungeon before it crashes. It doesn't do it during screen transitions or anything, it just crashes.

2. vier Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi Koveras!

which op system has you? (win xp?) maybe the op system cause the error...
    or a hardware device. What a hardware environmet has you? Maybe i can help you.

3. Koveras Gems: 3/31

I have Win XP. Beyond that, your questions cannot be answered as I'm not a Technophile. I have the latest patch installed though.

4. vier Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Have other games the same behaviour?
    if yes:
    maybe you have to install the latest
    drirer for your video card, sound card,
    motherboard, or you have to update the
    bios of your motherboard.
    if not:
    Did you try uninstall, and next install
    the game??? It maybe works.

5. Koveras Gems: 3/31

This installing/reinstalling is getting tedious. Why is this game so riddled with glitches and incompatibilities?

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

winXP is not officially supported.

Do as he said, install latest graphics/sound card drivers.

7. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Baldur's Gate works fine with XP, I got it.
    My game started to crash when I downloaded mods and other stuff like Sulafein mod, have you done this??? TDD shall work fine.

8. Buddas Hand Gems: 3/31

I dunno wether this helps but my game crashes all the time when I got to new area's or I do to much e.g. To many mage spells in one pause ( i have a crap computer)
    But when I try again it always works.
    It might be XP clashing with your drivers and BG2, it happened to my friend.

9. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've always had problems with BG2 crashing my computer. Come to think of it, BG1 did the same thing. It' totally random, not at any specific point like leaving/entering areas, my computer will just randomly reboot. Now, I have made no alterations to the game, it's just a straight install from the disk. When the computer reboots, I show allocation areas in some temp files, I'm presuming from the game. I can write down the file extensions the next time it happens.
    I run Win98. Any light that could be shed on this would be much appreciated.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.