1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Siegfried Sassoon (SoA and ToB)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Mr Writer, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Having just spent the last few hours reading through some of the old post on this board, I happened across some of Earl Grey's (Where have you been hiding? Not seen you for ages) adventures, (I highly recommend them to all of the boards newer members who have yet to browse them.) particularly Gloin Bonehead's challenge. While reading I noticed the challenge to solo a Bard through SoA and its expansion, admittedly this is much less of a challenge now than it was 2 years ago (When I do believe I attempted the Solo fighter with lowest possible stats challenge and found it exceedingly entertaining) but I thought I would give it ago anyway.

After a little thought, I decided to name him Siegfried Sassoon, and like his namesake he shall be an (apparently) good looking, highly intelligent if a little stubborn, introvert of (in my opinion) True Neutral alignment especially opposed to pointless killing.

Class Kit.

After a little thought and discussion, (Cheers for the input Sorvo) I decided upon the Jester Kit. Rolls wise I decided to go with the first one that came up and just edit the stats round a little, more to match with how I am going to be role playing him than to make him more powerful.

*5 Minutes Later

Str: 12
    Dex: 15
    Con: 14
    Int: 16
    Wis: 14
    Cha: 17

I actually rolled 90 on my initial roll which I thought was a bit too lucky so used the second roll which again was quite high coming in at 88.

As for proficiency points, I envisage Siegfried as a stylish showboat so cumbersome crushing or unwieldy two handed weapons are out of the question as are large shields. Siegfried takes a single point in,
    Long Bows
    Long Swords
    Katanas
    Dagger

For his mage spells I decided to place the impetus on enchantment spells to fit in with the persuasive personality of Siegfried.

And so let the adventures begin. Expect updates on the number of times I have died on a day to day basis (unless I have a high workload :) )

Wish me luck.

2. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Congrats! I want to take a CN Bard with an evil party all the way through the series. Good Luck :)

3. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

Having said good bye to Imoen and released Minsc and Jahreia (I always have trouble with that name :( ) I started Siegfried on his merry way.

Initial impressions are not good, the first memphit took along time to kill and after clicking the wrong answer, and the gibberlings had me running around for a good few minutes trying to catch up with them.

A little further into the Dungeon ventured and a party of goblins almost ate Siegfried alive. I see this is going to be ALOT harder than I first imagined.

After chasing memphits and goblins around for the last quarter of an hour im starting to wonder how I should play Siegfried, he is useless as a fighter and as a mage, well more or less the same really. I think a rethink into what spell I use is needed, so far I have been using mainly spook\sleep spells and haste\armour.

After a quick re-think and changing a few spells I seem to be a bit more effective, web\fireball is my main weapon then picking off the rest with a bow\Larloch's Minor Drain.

Siegfried has just levelled up after dispatching the durger with little trouble. The extra Level 3 Spell slot shall be used for Melf's Minute Meteors, which I envisage becoming a mite handy.

The cambion battle was next up and even though I walked into my own web twice I was victorious. I am actually quite shocked that although I have found it incredibly tough I have yet to die.

Tracking back I used MMM on the lesser clay golems and they fell before they got to me at the door of their cell.

The oughath (very poor spelling sorry) was easily beaten by provoking it and retreating back to the corridor I came from then pounding it with spells while staying out of its reach.

Finished the rest of the level without problem.

I died and had to reload on the memphit room after failing to wake up from the radiant memphits attacks. The next time I used up scrolls of monster summoning and Fireball and levelled up on the death of the final portal. Unfortunately I have a lack of level 4 spells :( .

The Escaped clone proved hard when she summoned about 5 ogres so I had to leave the room close the door rest and try again, MMM all prepared and ready. Cheese may be needed :(

Level 2 was easy in comparison, I even had a go at the vampire but she got away before I could kill her to get the EXP.

So far with the right tactics I found Irenicus's Dungeon maybe a bit harder than a normal solo, although I had to rest a huge amount of times.

End of Chapter 1

Sold a few items and did the Circus ring quest no real problems here and now Siegfried looks even better than before thanks to an odd ring he found. Went up a level after killing the Gnome.

Chapter 2

Slaver Quest

The first bit easy as pie, the second bit, coming in from the sewer entrance, infuriating. Took me several reloads to do it, the priest insisted on charming me every time.

I now officially hate trolls, they heal as quick as I can damage them :( .

Brought a magic license and stole the money back then saved Viconia and decided to call it a night while I think of some quests I might actually be able to do :o I think I might try Nalia's Hold.

Brought myself a new sword of flame +1 and im off to kill some trolls at Nalia's keep.

[Edit] Added the sword and sorted out my mixed up chapters :p

[ June 29, 2003, 18:09: Message edited by: Mr Writer ]

4. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Hey, this sounds good. I've been reading all of Earl Grey's adventures and it's tempted me to go out and do one for IWD, less powergamey and more roleplayey (hard in IWD i know). :)

5. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

Off to the Fighters hold now then, and after being attacked by Shadow Thieves on route and then waylayed by slavers on the way It is becoming increasingly obviouse I am stupidly weak if caught unawares.

The Keep is easy enough so far as long as Keep a measured attack (no pun intended). 4 Trolls then I have to rest and it took about 2 days for the room with a Yuan-Ti Mage and a few trolls in it to be cleared but as long as I am careful its not too hard.

Galicus was a real problem, after he saved against my domination, then against my horror I ended up casting MMM and running around with haste benny hill style. After he got my mirror image and stoneskin down I ran into the room before and cast web, got held but he did to, then he failed his throw I didn't and cast MMM again and he fell on the 11th one :D .

Leveled up as well, 13 now.

After getting to the chappel I thought I'll go in caste haste, then nad the stuff and use the ring of invisibilty to get out of it.

Whats that? where did you get the ring from... I didn't I had been playing my other game before and doing the same keep and used that tactic, only this time I had no ring so I go to use it with 6 golems on my tail and...

Feck

Non the less I ran into the basement of the castle and threw everything I had at the 2 that followed me down, 1/77 HP quite hair raiseing I can tell you.

Thats it for tonight as I've got a game vs the best TFC clan in Belgium in a few mins so got to get some practise in.

6. 14 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hi, I respect that you take a bad Jester to solo, but it's not really role playing. I'm not a big fan of sleeping too much. How can you sleep/rest that much in a dangerous place and when Nalia's father is dying or when Ironicus can return and catch you at any time. Anyways if you can tell us your progress date it would be great. So we know it took like 7 days for you to get out the place and Iro is still fighting shadow thieves outside.

7. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think it's cool. Keep going.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.