1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Siblings' friends

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Z-Layrex, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] For any of you who still live at home with a little brother or sister (or used to) will know the hell of when the younger sibling has friends round. All my own little sisters' friends are fine exept for this one little girl. There's almost a years difference in ages so she's more immature, but it gets stupid! She never shuts the hell up! Always screaming. Or if I walk into the room she stares. God darn it I hate her!!! :flaming: I'm having to go into my room, put some music on the sterio, boot up NWN, put on my biggest most outer sound protecting headphones and try to ignore the whining. AND she's sleeping over !!! :wail: There goes a relaxing Friday night.

Anyone else ever get this or is it just me being an anti-social git?...

[ September 20, 2002, 20:51: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

2. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

lol!
    Poor Z...
    I have a littlesis, Klara. She is mostly a real pain in the ass, but sometimes she can be nice too...SOMETIMES I SAID, kay?!
    Her friends are ok though. I'd rather talk to them than me littlesis if ya know what I mean. Me sis has about 3 real friends and that includes our cousin so...
    They are all very calm except our cousin. She is one year younger than me and one year older than Klara and she shouts everything she says. Nothing is embarrasing to her and you can tell her to shut up a hundred times STILL...
    I think that I get more pissed at my own friends than me littlesisters...

3. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The average brother's session with his friends.

"Ok, I charge the beholder and then attack it."
    "You can't attack and charge it."
    "Yes you can, it says here in the rules."
    "But you didn't memorize charge? Maybe you are mistaking it for average movement."
    "No I didn't. THERE'S it says...."
    <Takes 30 minutes arguing over the rules and finally gets back to the game>

That's how it goes, so all of my brother's friends are D&D freaks as well as Magic freaks. It's alright if I don't stay around with them for more than an hour, but when they are not talking about D&D or Magic, they're talking about masturbation, which is when I leave the room. So, I tolerate them to a point.

(It saddens me that my brother doesn't have any hot friends. He had one, but that guy went to a different school)

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I don't have a younger brother, but an older brother. Although he is three years older than, I've always been more mature. I take more responsiblity and take things more serious. Most people actually think I am the older brother.

I get a long very well with most of his friends. Most of them are my friends too.

[ September 21, 2002, 11:13: Message edited by: Silverblade ]

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm an only child - though my best friends little sister, has a next door neighbour who is annoying and wants to be her friend

GOD she is annoying!

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't really have any brothers or sisters but I do have two cousins that used to live here (they live 500 meters away now) so they still spend allot of time here. They are both 8 years old and I can somehow manage them but the house literally becomes a zoo when they invite their friends over. I hope things will get better when they grow up.

S Goddess, you would look on the things allot differently if you had been on our school for even a short period of time. D&D, Magic and computer games is all they (err...I mean we) talk about. (what else is to expect from a school with no women)

7. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My sister is two years younger than me. We're "all grown up" now, and get along really well, but we fought a lot when we were kids. Thinking back to it, some of it was pretty funny. When I was 10 I just about killed her with a flying Voltron Sword. I was repaid when she javelined me in the crotch with a postpak. Funny how you always remember the more painful fights.

I once banned one of her friends from the house (under penalty of his own death). It would have been when I was 17 or so (just finishing school). I had come home from a night of roleplaying at a mate's house down the road. It was about 9:00AM, so I was pretty tired. I went to bed. My sister invited a heap of friends over. They made a hell of a noise, which did annoy me as I was trying to sleep, but that was ok... that's what you get for sleeping in the day.

Later... I got up that evening. I plugged in my Mega Drive (AKA Genesis in some parts of the world), and started up Phantasy Star II. WHAT?!? Where were all my savegames?!? One of my sister's friends had started it up during the day, couldn't understand any of it (it was in Japanese), and proceeded to try everything, including the "Delete Savegame" option. I'm scarred for life. Even today, I still take strange precautions to ensure my savegames are not destroyed by the next moron who sits down at my machine (whether PC, PS2... whatever). My sister lives in the same city as me, and visits occasionally, but doesn't usually bring friends... so maybe I'm finally safe. Maybe... *burns savegames to CD just to be safe*

[ September 22, 2002, 01:50: Message edited by: Judas ]

8. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have 2 sisters, one older and one younger, so I can completely sypmpathize with those of you going through the whole sibling rivalry thing. I actually hit my older sister before, after she kicked me in the...unmentionables. I mean really hit her, as hard as I could.

What I can say from experience is that once you get a little bit older you will look back on these things and just laugh (well, maybe not about your PS saves Judas. That will always be painful :( ).

You will be amazed that you ever wanted to kill your sibling(s). That kind of stuff doesn't seem as serious when you are older and look back. I know maybe it's not that much consolation to some of you now, but try not to take it too seriously. :D

9. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

[​IMG] Well now it gets worse! :flaming:

My sister has just completely ruined ICQ, i don't know how but it's bu**ered. :mad: So this means I can't easily talk to any of the SP staff about news or anything! :wail: Thankyou you VERY much Lady Loulex. :flaming: :bang: :flaming: :bang:

Why can't she just leave things alone!?!? :almostmad:

[ September 22, 2002, 14:22: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Just reinstall it Z...

11. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Wildfire, i've tried everything from re-installing to re-downloading. Nothing works.

12. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Last time I played through BG2 I was in Suldanesselar (or whatever the elven city is called). I saved and went to my friend. When I got home my sister had tried to play BG2, and saved over my game! :mad:

I had my revenge later by deleting The Sims from the hard drive :evil:

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My sister is 10 years older than I am and lives on another continent. :p

Somehow we still manage to be close despite the fact that she has lived in the States for the last 10 years or so.

I do not have younger sibs, and of that I am thankful. merely enduring my two kiddie cousins a few weeks every summer tries my patience to the limits...

Ara
    (Not to be trifled with)

14. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My little bro has a friend. She's a right pain, she stamps on my stomach and she yells in my ear and somedays I just want to throw her out of a plane with no parachute! :bang: :flaming: :mad:

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Well, I only have a younger sister, and she was homeschooled. Neither of us had any life and we never had friends over. She did occasionally go to her friend's house for sleepovers and I had to take her (of course, I was dating her friend's older sister, so, I'm not too upset about that ;) ).

Yes, once you're both older and seperated, you'll see the true value of having a sibling. Whenever we were young, we would fight all the time. Now, whenever I actually see her, we're usually talking like mature adults about issues that concern us.

16. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Rastor we are already like that. WE normally get on great. We talk and play video games, and when the set comes we'll start playing D&D together too. It's just she can do stupid things like my earlier example. I don't mean it when I say I hate her.

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Z-Layrex, my post was not directed at you, but rather at everyone here to is bleeting on about how much they hate their siblings.

I've had pretty good relations with my sister for over ten years (before that, it was off and on), and I'm proud of that. It was nice having a home where people were not always fighting with one another, which is far better than most of the members of the class that I graduated with can say.

It's good to hear that you can get along well with your sister, it is far better that being in a constant squabble.

18. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Amen.

Even when she really annoys it's usually un-intentional so it's better to just let it slide. I guess i'd be pretty bored on holiday without her...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.