1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

...Shouldn't have done that...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Magister, Mar 23, 2007.

1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    We have all, at some point or another, done something and thought "What the hell was I thinking?". Now I want to know if there are any strange, wierd or just plain funny ones floting around in the lives of SP's.

For example: Finding myself dressed and ready for school on the Weekend.

2. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

:shake: Wow, you're pretty studious! Well I can't think of much right now, but when I can, I'll post it.

Does catching onesself daydreaming count? :D

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Drove to college for classes on a Sunday.

4. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Had a baseball game last night, ended up closing, got the third out and walked back to the mound to get ready for another pitch =/.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Started smoking last summer... /me light a smoke

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I've had a couple of relationships that fit into this category :lol:

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Talked myself into staying in tonight! I really want to go out, but need to save my pennies.. it's so boring being stuck in the house :s.

8. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

There is probably a lot of things I shouldn't have done, but I did them nonetheless, and there is no point in regretting anything, since you can't change the past anyway.

9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Since I live in a big house, I'm really used to take the garbage bag out every time I leave. When there are none, I sometimes accidentally throw something *interesting* to the bin.

My sports bag, gaming gear (Game Cube etc.) and guitar have visited the smelly part of the world lots of times.

10. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I once poured an entire thing of linguini into the sink not realizing the strainer was on the other side of the sink. I've done quite a few other stupid things, but they were much worse and more embarassing.

11. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Drilling into a wall without checking for electrical cables - BANG.

Taking the cover off an old stereo amplifier and picking it up whilst still plugged in (Shocking)

Combining hayfever tablets with Stella Artois. (Blackout time)

12. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Early morning before a university exam (about 3am). A drunk friend sends me a text about something random and, in a half-awake state, I think it's my alarm. I get dressed, grab my stuff and leave the door to my room. Only then do I notice how dark it is.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, there was that time a police officer knocked on the car window and said, "Shouldn't you find someplace more private than this?" We thought it was private until he showed up.

Oh, and the night I mixed Everclear with Peppermint Schnapps...of course, I had been drinking gin so it's somewhat excusable.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I shouldn't have shaved my beard completly off. :eek:

I look weird without it, and I'm sick of getting stupid comments either for or against it. :rolleyes: Once it grows back, I'm never shaving it off again. I probably won't let it get 4 inches long again...but the clean-shaven look just doesn't work for me. :rolling:

[ March 27, 2007, 21:19: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You shaved a bear?!? :D

Edit: You shouldn't have edited it. It was far more entertaining that you shaved a bear instead of your beard.

[ March 27, 2007, 23:03: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

16. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, decided that commuting to work for what works out as very little extra money. Especially when you consider I used to live 10 minutes walk from work -_-

17. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

At work, few months back, I had to filter the oil in the deep fryer, but the filter had already been run earlier, leaving a half-inch of 'sediment' in the filter pan.

So, per rote cleaning process, I slid it out from under the fryer, scooped the stuff out, leaving a nice, clean layer of filter paper. Then I added the 'filter powder' (catalyst that helps the dirt and sediment come out of solution in the oil), and opened the valve at the bottom of the fryer's pot...

...and looked across the kitchen at the filter pan. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, I discovered how fast my reflexes are in closing the valve again. :D

Other kitchen-related stuff that seems to be 'absent-mindedness', like picking up a hot pan while looking over at the heavy insulated gloves I should be wearing. Most of the time, I have 'close calls' where I stop myself, like today I cut open a bag of fries and almost poured the fries into the garbage can and dropped the empty bag in the fryer. :hahaerr:

(I'm dyslexic; does it show? ;) )

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I shouldn't have shared my opinion with my husband. Things are generally better when I don't.

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :coffee: ... don't want to go to work :coffee:

20. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    There was the Monday morning, many years ago, when I showed up for a university exam, only to find out the exam was on Tuesday morning. :doh: :o Good thing it wasn't the other way around.

I DON'T want to talk about my result :rolleyes: Let's just say I passed the same exam the following year.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.