1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Should I buy it?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Sylvan, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I have heard so many things about this game, both good :angel: and bad :evil: that I can't decide whether to buy it?
    Should I, or am I better to stick with the BG and IWD series :hmm:

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] This has been discussed only a few dozen times in here... Set the topics list to "Show All" and then find the relevant topics, or use the search engine.

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well you should get it, but bear in mind it's no Planescape: Torment. It's a good laugh to play, but I wouldn't reccomend buying full price. Get yourself a pre-owned copy. Everyone else on this forum will say it's rubbish. Don't listen to them. ;) :p

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If it's five to ten bucks then it might be an idea to get it. Any higher is a rip off

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Based on the reviews and posts about this game what do you think?
    It SUCKS there is absolutely nothing good about this piece of crap:you almost never hit but the monsters hit you a lot, combat is extremely slow, and the dungeons are HUGE(not a good thing in this game) which means you could spend a week running around in a dungeon where every corridor looks the same and where you can do nothing but kill and find the stairs to the next level.

Oh year the box is kinda nice if you buy the game just for the box i guess it is ok, just remember to throw the so called *game* out.

If i were you i would really not buy this game, i have never played a game this bad and probably never will. :mad:

[ December 15, 2002, 23:48: Message edited by: jesper898 ]

6. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The price and the number of bugs are probably the biggest factors. It would be a good idea to take into consideration general opinion of others who enjoy games similar to the ones you like.
    Personally I would pass on it. I have only seen two good reviews for this game and only found about three people who like it. Make up your mind based on the info you find, you may end up being the fourth.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.