1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Short stories/poems

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by The Magister, Oct 18, 2006.

1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I write when I have spare time, and this is posably the makeings of a good story. please tell me what you think.

Dawn. A grand hall on the second story of a mansion, covered in finery, filled with summer sunlight flowing in through the eastern window. A ball of light appears from nowhere, floating in mid air in the centre of the room above the banquet table. The globe expands suddenly and flash of light, a whoosh of displaced air and a shower of sparks signals the arrival of a man from the now human sized globe of light. He is flown from the ball of light by an unseen force and flies backwards across the room and crashes into a pillar and, as he falls to the ground, the ball of light disappears. The man groans in pain then attempts to stand up. He manages and walks over to the window, rubbing a sore spot on his back, and throws open the glass window pain.
    The gardener later told the lord and lady of the manor that he “… saws a winged man a flying away from your lordships window, on me mothers grave I swears I did…”

Please tell me what you think. ;)

Edit: Some new works of mine are poetry. Just wanted to know what people think.

[ September 27, 2007, 17:14: Message edited by: The Magister ]

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Too many 'ands'. There must be average of about 3 per sentence, try and think of different ways to explain things. I'd also say you've taken 'short story' to the extreme there.

Not that I'm an expert on this or anything.

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Knew it sounded wrong somehow. Thanks for the input. Does anyone else have a short story?

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I have a short story. It's wonderful. It makes me happy

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Do you think you could put the story in the forum? Please?

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think he just did.

7. Daie d'Malkin

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Makes mine look bad. Keep them comeing

9. Daie d'Malkin

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Memories are life.
    Free thought is the blood which flows through the canals of the mind.

Without memories we have no identity, with no free thought we have no mind.
    Individuals without thought are not individuals, just as a person without memories has no sense of self.

Controlled thought is not thought, thus controlled thought destroys an individual.
    Cherish every memory, because they make you who you are. To forget is to never have known, thus knowledge is lost.

People are alive as long as they are still thought of, kept in spirit in the memories and minds of people.

Never forget.
    Always remember…

…Because you would not be who you are without them.

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There are 15 pages of Creative Surge and lots of short stories including my bit.

Poems too and some stories not so short.

@Daie. I remember those stories of yours. Liked them. You should do more.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.