1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shops

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Al the Dumb, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Al the Dumb Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Hello,

I know there is a list of things available in shops in BG 1. Does such a thing exist for BG2/ToB?

Thanks, Al

2. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Not sure as various people/shops in SoA & ToB sell things that other shops usually don't. There are general trends like special items can be found at the adventurer's mart in SoA, spells at the scroll dealer in Waukeen's Promenade, and so on. There are a couple of places that you can only visit once or a limited number of times so make sure you have plenty of gold when you come across those. One such place would be relatively early in ToB at the inn in Saradush where you can purchase numerous magic weapons (I like to finish SoA with alot of gold in hand specifically for that reason/place).

The smugglers later in ToB will sell gems back to you for less than they pay you when you sell them-giving you unlimited gold (at least it worked that way when I let the monks arrest them and bought stuff before the smugglers were done being taken away).

As far as I can remember the drow city in SoA is the only place you can buy monsters that are charmed to fight for your party (this is only temporary and then they turn hostile).

Off the top of my head....

SoA has:

Wizard scrolls at: Adventurer's Mart, Scroll Dealer, a few of the fencers, the gray dwarves (easier to spell than their proper name) in the Underdark, one of the drow merchants at their city, and possibly the elves after you have cleared their city.

Potions at: Most of the temples throughout the game, some of the fixers, Adventurer's Mart, Miss Cragmoon at the bridge district, I think some of the deep gnomes in the Underdark, drow merchant, and ditto for the elves again.

Magical weapons: Drow merchant (guess where), Adventurer's Mart (common theme), sometimes at a temple, a few at the Copper Cornet, some of the fixers (you can steal an unending supply of magic maces from Mae'Var's guild and +2 halberds from the fixer in the 2nd floor of your Shadow Thief contact's house), the merchant that is temporarily at the gate area.

Also the merchants at Trademeet have a bunch of stuff once you can purchase things there-including potions and magic weapons.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
    Shaitan likes this.
  3. Al the Dumb Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Heh. Maybe I should write such a guide then. But before I do that... Can anyone tell me where ammunition belts can be acquired?

Thanks for the exhasutive reply pplr, it was quite helpful.

Al

4. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    You're welcome. Though it probably isn't perfect and it likely wouldn't hurt you to look through most of the merchants in a given area just in case they have an item or two you want.

One of the things I like about fixers from thieves guilds is that they buy back stolen goods (they are probably selling stolen goods despite the fact other merchants in the game don't recognize them as such). They also sometimes sell potions that boost thief skills.

An enterprising thief in you party can make money off this situation and have a few more items. And if you think this is unfair consider the fact that they are selling goods they likely stole from others.

About guides. Some were produced in paperback form a few years back. Others were free and are available online. Dan Simpson's is pretty decent though he may make a few mistakes (such as that Bodhi doesn't like thieves, she has no problems working with good or evil PCs otherwise-ditto for the Shadow Thieves on the last part).

Oh, and sadly I don't think there is much in the way of ammo belts in SoA. I think they came up with those for ToB. They may have stuck a few in the modified version of SoA that lets you use Wild Mages (fun class) but I don't know where if they did.

5. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

An ammo belt can be found:
    in a trapped container in the first level of watcher's keep

There's a very good excel document by Rastor and Extremist that details information spells and includes all the places where you can buy the scrolls. It can be found here on SP

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.