1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shopping Spree

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Wordplay, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] To me, this month has brought some new stuff to the house, some of them very expensive to a student. So I'd like to ask how often do you have "shopping sprees" and what was the most valuable thing (or things) you bought last time? Be purely materialistic here. ;)

For me, it has to be brand new glasses. They are frameless and the lenses have been made of material that can change its hue. Second goody has to be my first shaving machine -does the job far better and faster than some razor. Last, but not least; a new DVD-burner to get rid of a mountain of anime and game CD's. :cool:

Just remember that it has to be something you view as more special than the regular "cup of coffee."

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just ordered a new computer (complete system - CPU, monitor, speakers, etc.). With taxes, it's around three grand (Canadian $).

I tend not to spend this kind of money very often (thank goodness).

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

A guitar was the last most expensive thing I bought then last week I spent huge amounts of money in Prada.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I bought a car two weeks ago. Does that count? It was the 2nd most expensive thing I have ever bought in my life.

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Well, I bought a shirt and mousepad from SP.

And I also bought about 200 bones worth of books. (should last me a few months)

Also buying a laptop in the near future.

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Most expensive thing of my choice would have to be a AU$120 halter-neck short red dress for my girlfriend-at-the-time who not long ago left me without ever wearing it for me.
    Most expensive bought with a partner would have to be a Futon lounge - about AU$350 some 8 years ago.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

expensive sense of style haha. im more of an old navy person myself.

back on topic, I just spent around USD $250 in sparring gear (chest protector, helmet, mouth guard, shin guard, etc.) and will put it to good use after tomorrow when my exams end. That guy's ass isnt just going to kick itself, got to get crackin heh.

8. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Last month I sprung not for one trip for my family, but two. First we spent the long US Independence Day holiday weekend in Las Vegas visiting my mother and seeing the sights. Then, 10 days after returning from that trip we left for Cancun, MX where we spent 6 nights-7 days.

All told, I'd estimate that we spent USD$5800 - 6000. Boom! There went most of my bonus for the year.

Last year we finally paid off enough debt to acquire a new oak entertainment center, TV, and a dining room set within a handful of months of each other. Together they ran about USD$5100. Gotta love a job with a bonus, eh? :D :o

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I moved to another appartment last month, which cost me more than i bargained for, but it was necessary so i didn't have much of a choice. On top of things my PC broke down, and i had to get a new mainboard. I'm completely broke now. :rolleyes:

10. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Lets see...I had a clothes shopping spree at Wally World yesterday. Spent around $50 US. Most expensive thing this past few months was a new transmission for my car. Got tired of no reverse!

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    My next big expenditures over the next 3-4 months:

1) a new queen-sized bed (mine is 8 years old and starting to sag and be generally uncomfortable) I think I am getting one of those tempur-pedic memory foam mattresses. It'll run about $1,100USD

2) Canon 10d digital 35mm camera. To replace my film 35mm camera. This'll be another $1,000 at least!

3) A trip to somewhere in Europe!!! I'm leaning toward Ireland...I've always wanted to go there. But other options include: Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, France, Holland, or maybe to England again...

12. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I've bought all of my gaming PC's myself... two so far, currently typing from the second
    The first, and I saved for a *LONG* time for it as an even younger kid, doing a paperround, teh shizzle, was a used Pentium III 500 Mhz for around 375 euro's, and a video card + hard disk upgrade for it later, probably another 100 Euro's - I loved that PC, and I was kind of saddened to do away with it, but a number of hot new games and oncoming LAN parties pulled me over to buy an all new, crisp PC which again cost me all my savings, and again endebted me to my folks until, like, a couple weeks back... this time costing well over a thousand euro's and being a PIV 2.4 Ghz with 80 gigs of hard drive capacity, a modern (although again, and soon to be replaced) video card, and basically modern gamer hardwarez.
    I spent a lot of money on both, put a lot of time and effort into getting the money for both, and never regretted either for a second.
    :borg:

13. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Just confirmed the order for my spanking new 2340.96 €/2,833.73 $ laptop.

I feel no sorrow, I have no regrets. :D

My grandmother donated about 1000 €, the rest I've worked for myself.

Also, I'm going furniture shopping in the near future. Damn you, Ikea.

And like most other females I spend vast amounts of money on clothes and stuff the year round.

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

3 days ago, Vaasa, Finland. Scene of crime.

Jack & Jones jeans shop, in a lone back-alley. Innocent student walking in. Walking out with a suspicious looking, bulging bag. Inside; new jeans, new polo-shirt, and a new jacket. Victim was robbed of 215€. All tips leading to arrests will be rewarded.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.