1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shar-teel bugs my wild mage

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

OK I have an Easy TuTu game with many grand mods, Hard Times, SCS, Grey Clan, BG1 NPC mod, Wild Mage Additions, etc. plus some cosmetic tweaks.

I found Shar-teel in the area between Beregost and Nashkel, accepted her challenge and beat her, and let her join my party. (I have never played with her, and she is a barbarian with exceptional STR score, so I thought she would be more useful than, say, Khalid.)

After a few seconds she joins, I noticed that my wild mage PC has gone all buggy! First, his character sheet says he is now a regular 'Mage'...and then some items he has equipped are now unusable. Rhialto's spell book (wild mage only item, so this makes sense if he is a mage now) but also wand of lightning and normal darts (both are usable by mages of all kinds!) which annoys and confuses me to no end...I reload and try again and it happens all the time! Only solution was to refuse her offer to join, to prevent this bug from occuring; but in that reload attempt my ranger accidentally killed her. (I did not have the mod component to make her unkillable) Oh well...she had it coming!

Do you have any explanation or advice for this particular weird bug?

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Probably better directed to the official Tutu boards.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Allright. Thanks. I guess... :)

4. Boy at a busstop Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I remember having this exact same bug with a Wild Mage as well. All of a sudden he was unable to use most equipment and his name was rolled back to "mage" just like yours Silverstar.

I think it was a mod conflict, it could have been the expanded dual-classing component from G3 Tweaks, but I'm not sure.

Hope this helps :)

5. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I'll put my :2c: on that one to

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yes that makes sense. I have that component installed as well...Then again I have no idea why this bug occurs when Shar Teel joins my party...It never happens in any other situation...Thank you!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.