1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shadowkeeper problem?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by TriLleX The Wise, Jan 20, 2002.

1. [​IMG] I wanted to start with the Blackrazor so i edited my save with shadowkeeper.. but when i go in combat my character goes berserk/panic/or something but there is nothing in the dialog window.. ??!

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have never had a problem of that kind with SK, lots of other problem but never that. Are you sure that noone casted fear or something at you?
    I have played an entire game with Blackrazor and it worked like a charm, terrible overpowered in the game but quite fun.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Well, it's like that: When your char's panicked, held, stunned and stuff you cannot control him ... it that's what you mean ... your question was a little difficult to understand.

Anyway, I recomment to use the cheat-util SK *carefully* period since it is well possible to mess up a savegame using it.

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

Not really, at least in my version it makes another saves with [edit 1] or something similar at the end, so you're not overwriting your original save.

5. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yes, SK makes a backup, but it's worthless, because the problems may came after a long time. So you edit your game, play 30 hours, and then a nasty bug come up, and your game is ruined. There is an original save, but it's a long way back. Trust me, I know what I say...

6. Lord Sarevok Guest

I've never had any bug when using SK *ever*. I don't know what all of this "Don't use SK because it screws up your game" crap is all about. I remember reading a post where someone said SK was eating items, when really it was just on the ground when they gained an item, and they forgot to pick it up. Maybe you can enlighten me on what bugs SK causes?

7. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Once after a very long time (I edited my cahracter's stats in the begining) Korgan's thaco changed to 20 and his number of attacks per round to 1! Maybe the cause wasn't SK, but there was another bug in a different game (I used SK in that game too), where Edwin after a while didn't speak at all! It could be that these bugs has nothing to do with SK, but I have a patched version of SoA, and I hadn't got any problem until I started to use SK.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    SK is the more subject to major errors the more you go in depth - I never had problems with simple inventory editing (I prefer to use SK for tests because I no longer like to activate the console - for me it's like "opportunity make the cheater" ;) :rolleyes: - since then I play straight :) :D ;) ) or maybe when editing kits in mc chars or changing race and avatar though.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited January 20, 2002).]

9. DemoGorgon Guest

I think this problem could be solved by doing what i do, not using SK. :p
    Im tellin ya, people become dependant on these things. And besides, you could have just used the console for that.

10. My character just panicked/berserked infront of an enemy, but when the foe is dead he returns to a normal controllable form.. and it has nothing to do with the sword cause i dropped it to see if that was the bug

11. LiquidusSnake Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have had only 1 prob with shadow keeper, It turned yoshimo invisible orsumthing and it was flying shoes, but thats about it.But shadow keeper is kinda dumb and if you use it the game gets very boring after a while.

12. [​IMG] hehe, another bug i found. When Jaheria casts a spell, her helmet walks around.. cool eh ?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.