1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shadow Council

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Amlaith, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Amlaith Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Greetings! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Amlaith. Founder, Initiate and Master of the Inner Circle of the Shadow Council.

I am currently looking for those who wish to join the Shadow Council, listed below is the Shadow Council's description and website.

Founded by a powerful half-elven master known as Amlaith, the Shadow Council is the council of a large group of magical elven beings who hold a large merchant kingdom serving those of the wealth, power and influence of the ‘upper class’. Closely linked to a large network of rogues, underground masters and informants, the Shadow Council are incredibly powerful, with offices within even the highly suspicious borders of Waterdeep.
    The expansive merchant kingdom that operates under the Shadow Council spans the entire continent of Faerun and their commanders protect their kingdom with incredible magical abilities.
    With their extravagant mansions scattering most of the wealthier regions of Faerun, they are based in Athkatla.
    While many suspect the Shadow Council’s underground behaviour, many fear what may become of them if they proceed with these suspicions, although nothing linking the Shadow Council with the underground has ever been set in stone.
    The Shadow Council’s underground trademark is an elven symbol known as the ‘Charoi’, a strangely shaped symbol of gold with a stiletto blade running through the center.

Shadow Council Requirements
    - Half-Elven or Elven Heritage
    - All classes (besides Paladins, Barbarians)
    - All alignments (besides Chaotic Evil)

The Shadow Council's aim is to become a powerful, wealthy and influential merchant kingdom whilst the players bask in it's riches.

The Shadow Council is not currently set on a NWN world, although it will be after enough players are amongst us. It will be put to vote.

Thankyou! Please bare with me, the Shadow Council is undergoing a complete refurbishment and many ranks/division may change. Thankyou!

http://playervault.ign.com/guilds/default.asp?6413

[This message has been edited by Amlaith (edited August 14, 2001).]

2. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

huh, sounds interesting, what classes do you prefer in the guild?

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I looked at the website but it doesn't tell me much more than you did. What NWN world is this guild in? Could you give us some more OOC info about what you are doing? Thanks.

4. Amlaith Gems: 1/31

- The Shadow Council accepts all classes, except Paladins or Barbarians.

- The Shadow Council's aim and objective is to position themselves amongst the wealth and power of Faerun.

- Set in the Forgotten Realms, the Shadow Council is not on a server at present although after over 30 members are within the faction, a vote will take place over which server we should reside on.

Thankyou!

PS - If you wish to create an entirely new division over which you rule solely, I will give you that power!

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

but what is the guilds prefered class, I know what it accepts, but what does it prefer you to be.

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Who will be running and designing the NWN server you are going to run on? Is the server part of a larger group like ALFA? Will you be the DM or a player? If you're not the DM who will be running the game?

7. Amlaith Gems: 1/31

Thankyou for your question! The Shadow Council accepts all classes, although at present I am currently searching for those of the magic practicing class. Rogues and Fighter/Mages are also wanted at present.

- Rogues will become members of the Jafaar, the Shadow Council's elite division of Emissaries who do the bidding of the Inner Circle.

- Magic Users will become part of the Inner Circle, the commanding council of the Shadow Council.

- Fighters will become part of the Athel Loren, my personal protectorate.

I may decide to create a serve of my own, everything depends on the players vote.
    Thankyou!

8. Angel of Def Gems: 1/31

Magic users needed huh?
    Well.......this should be interesting enough for me to join in!

9. Hm...The website you posted, when I went to it, it told me the site was illegal. Why don't you take paladins or barbariens? And why not chaotic evil? Why are magic users, in the center of the council? I am a magic user myself, but I am also a goddess.

10. Angel of Def Gems: 1/31

yup, the site was illegal so please fix it.
    And maybe you should consider to accept every class. Different skills, different jobs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.