1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sense - Interview

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Sep 30, 2019.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Noisy Pixel interviewed studio founder Benjamin W. about Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story.

[​IMG]

AL: What does the future of the Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story series look like? Would you like it to become a series?

BW: Sense is absolutely a series. Sense 1 will focus on just one part of the main story in a much larger world. Because I've been at this for a while, in the past I've already started drafting Sense 2 as an indirect sequel that will evolve the gameplay to what I had actually envisioned, but had no ability to create on my own. Things like full 3D characters and environments, fixed camera angles, and even more cyberpunk.

This is years away for anyone that just got really excited, and Sense 1 will obviously have to do well enough to start funding our studio so we can hire the necessary expansion of employees. This in no way means that Sense 1 is "not good enough" or "not what I wanted", but sometimes you have to pull back your dreams or expectations to reality and say "how can I make this the best version possible". We didn't want to get caught in a development trap and end never delivering the game, or constantly being held back by small imitations.

I think doing that with the first game forced me to focus on really important aspects like world-building, design, and a strong narrative. It will also be really cool for players to see an evolution of sorts when that day comes. They should also look forward to all the new waifus I am designing for the next game though, haha.

AL: You have a demo of Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story available on PC right now, are you also accepting feedback from those playing to possibly implement into the game?

BW: Yes! Feedback is hugely important to us, so if possible please hop into the steam community and be as harsh as possible! Feel free to join our publisher's Discord as well, we have a channel there. There's a link on their website.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2019
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.