1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sekiro - Preview and Great Serpent Video

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Mar 8, 2019.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]PCGamesN previewed Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and a new video has appeared called 'Great Serpent'.

[​IMG]

On the slopes of Mount Kongo, I find myself skulking through the knotty undergrowth in pursuit of a group of orange-clad warrior monks. Making their way up the steps to a monastery, they're completely unaware of me - the new crouch stance allows me to silently tail them. As they climb, the group naturally forms into a neat line, which is my cue to strike.

Closing in, a red mark on the rearmost monk indicates I can perform a takedown. I bury my katana deep in his flesh as blood erupts from the wound in a crimson geyser. He collapses quietly, allowing me to approach the next monk, who has remained blissfully unaware of his ally's demise. Four backstabs later, the group is eliminated.

This is not how I've been taught to play FromSoftware games. It's this that instantly makes Sekiro an exciting prospect. While its many sensibilities are unmistakably from the mind of Hidetaka Miyazaki - there are still bonfire-like checkpoints in the form of Sculptor's Idols, and Rot Essence effectively parallels being Hollow - Sekiro's approach to combat is almost Assassin's Souls. Stealth is not only viable, it's a vital ingredient in my deadly tool box.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2019
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.