1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Screenshots?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Spellbound, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I took about 5 or so screenshots (Print Scrn), but can't seem to find them... not in My Pictures...and no folder for them either on the HD folders or on the DVD. Anyone have any ideas?

(Also, normally when I use the Print Scrn, you see a second lag, where it's obvious the screen's being captured... never saw that either.)

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I have exactly the same problem, i made somewhat 4 screenshots, no lag, and nowhere to be found.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Here's the deal -- you have to go into the .ini file and change "bAllowScreenshot=0" to "bAllowScreenshot=1". Why they put no screenshots as the default beats me. :shrug:

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I knew that, and did that before taking screenshots, to no effect though.

5. ToddMcF2002 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I had the same problem and couldnt figure it out. Just use fraps - "F10" is the default for a screenshot.

6. Lost Meme Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Are you sure you're editing the right .ini? The one that the game actually uses should be in MyDocuments\MyGames\Oblivion.

7. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    @ Lost Meme: I edited that one and the other one, but neither had effect...am I pressing the right key "Prt Scr"? Where do the picture files appear, is there a folder somewhere?

8. Lost Meme Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

They should be saved to where you installed Oblivion (e.g. C:bad:Program Files\Bethesda\Oblivion).
    'Print Screen' is the right key.
    I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

9. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

There's another variable in there...screenshot index, IIRC. Don't remember the exact syntax at the moment...apart from allow screenshot. You have to set that to 1 as well.

Edit: Forgot to add, screenshots dont work if you have Anti Aliasing enabled. Disable that as well.

[ April 09, 2006, 06:31: Message edited by: Faraaz ]

10. misterdj Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Most of the times I've maked screen shots, I have to paste them in paint.
    Then I can save the picture and make another when...

11. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

It also does not work if you have anti aliasing enabled. But I dunno if thats just an issue with ATI cards. Something to keep in mind however...

12. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Thanks Faraaz, you were right, I had to turn anti-aliasing off :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.