1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Screenshots at GameSpot

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mollusken, May 15, 2003.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Did you read page 2 of it as well? There's a link near the bottom to go to page 2.

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yeah, I read both pages. I don't see anything regarding character portraits... but if you say that Troika said we won't be able to import portraits... then I'm sure that's the case :D

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I was looking at the screen shots, not at Gamespot, but at another site of which there was a link on SP. Take a look at this picture: http://www.tothegame.com/sshotfeat.asp?screen=1320&pic=14 Is it me or do those beholders appear to have hands or claws? Is that some sort of new 3.5 beholder or are the Troika people just messing around with the rules?

4. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

No that creature isn't a Beholder; it's called Eye of the Deep. They have pictures of that creature and a few others on the official site (where I found out its name).

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For anyone who just can't wait and is just a itchin' for more info and screeshots, this months PC gamer has more screen shots and devoted a decent article about it. Much clearer (and bigger) than what's on the net.

Just FYI.

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Just looked at the screenies :eek:

Holy cows, that looks impressive. Now I'm definetely going to get myself a new computer :grin:

Edit: One of those shots looks a whole lot like the Troll scene in Khazad-Dûm in Fellowship of the ring. Except for the dwarf's axe glowing brightly of course ;)

7. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Aww, man now i'm really looking forward to the game... the screenshots look real good. And the movie's very good :)

BUT, the best thing with the game is that it has multiple endings and that makes the story not so linear :jawdrop:

8. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I just watched the movie... I'm not as enthusiastic as most on this one.

I think this one is heading for the place that PoR ended up in. They're relying on dozens upon dozens of fancy lighting effects to sell the game (which is exaclty how PoR did it). I haven't seen one instance of any roleplaying elements, it appears that its going to be another: go to this room, fight room full of monsters, go to next room, repeat.

Dull.

9. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Screenshot-wise I would have to agree. Then again, it is true that not too often pictures are taken from mere character interaction. The statistics they showed about how many dialogues, NPC's, alignment-choices in dialogues etc you should have during the adventure have kept me interested thus far. Besides, the very picky and accurrate style they seem to have over the D&D rules and different variables etc speaks of devotion that would not leave dialogue unchecked.

Also, dialogue as seen in Torment among other games (Fallouts for example) is something rather hardcoreish, not promised to bring in too much money. And turn-based combat system is quite definitely hardcoreish itself as well, as mass-people hate that. So there's a very good chance they've taken an honest hard-core approach to satisfy the true fans of D&D. This would include at least the mediocre level dialogue.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.