1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Scenario Game

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Blog, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] ok folks, this is how the game works. We set up a fun or challenging scenario within the game, save it, and email it to other interested players on these boards to try. Once someone succeeds, he posts his solution and detailed tactics, we confirm it, and then he can pose the next scenario.

See this thread for more details. We expect that mod conflicts may hamper the idea, but we'll sort those out as they come. For now, let's start he ball rolling and see how much interest there is in this idea. And it won't hurt to post your opinion there too btw ;)

So I'll start things off with a modest challenge. I came across this battle naturally on one of my runs through the game.

Pai'Na and her spiders
    Jaheira and a wizard slayer PC take on Pai'Na and her spiders early in SOA Chapter 2.
    OBJECTIVE: Kill them all!
    MODS: None
    RULES: No resting (including beforehand), Jaheira (and PC) must survive

Anyone who wants to try it should give me a private message (to keep this thread clean) with your email on it so I can send the savefile to you.

Since there are no major mods used, I hope the files will be compatible with most people's current setup. And it goes without saying that cheesy solutions won't count :p

oh yeah... my wizard slayer couldn't drink healing potions so you're not allowed to either :D
    And the difficulty level was set to core rules. It might be a good idea to make this difficulty level the standard.

[ August 01, 2006, 08:29: Message edited by: Blog ]

2. I'm Ron Burgundy? Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey guys just to let you know I think Blog has an awesome idea. I emailed him n finished his scenario. I used innate ability horror from the wizard slayer and jahiera insect swarmed the caster and all the spiders. By this stage 3/4 of the spiders are feared running around doing nothing. My wizard slayer and jahiera then melee all the unfeared spiders to death and kill the caster. Then they both took out missile weapons n proceeded to sling and bow the room of feared spiders to death. Too easy. This means that its my turn to post the next scenario. But I have to go away for a rugby camp so anyone is perfectly welcome to create a scenario and post in my stead. FYI i finished this one on insane and it wasnt difficult at all. Props to Blog for a great idea and I strongly encourage someone to make and post a scenario to keep this thread alive.

Cheers

I just realised he said with no resting so i wnet in again and horrored with the wizard slayer and this time used cloak of fear from jaheira to much the same affect as before almost all the spiders were running around feared, and the solution was the same as above

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Crap... time to re-evaluate this idea, because some things went right and some things did not.

Went right: the save game files seems to have worked, and Ron Burgundy described his solution quite thoroughly.

Went wrong: the state of the save game seems to have been reset! I did not have Jaheira memorize cloak of fear (nor insect swarm for that matter), and I deliberately used up the PC's innate Horror spells before saving. Then I relied on the no resting rule to prevent you from regaining those abilities or changing Jaheira's spell selection. But it seems to have failed... My intention was to have you cut down every last spider while they all peck away at you from every direction (as opposed to the spiders running around in fear). I should have rephrased that rule as "no offensive spell casting."

So technically, I wouldn't accept Ron's solution. Feel free to try again. But if Ron or anyone else wants to post the next scenario, do proceed.

[ August 07, 2006, 10:22: Message edited by: Blog ]

4. Gasha Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Great idea!

[ August 16, 2006, 10:55: Message edited by: Gasha ]

5. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

cool idea if I can think of a nice scenario I'll put it up

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.