1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok! How do you kill this thing?!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by DarthOne, Sep 15, 2005.

1. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

After a TotSC game I once had my party members summon a skeleton army and cast buffs. Then I dismissed everyone except my buffed fighter.

He was able to kill every foe in the temple aloneincluding all the black monsters which are hidden in the side chambers before he killed Sarevok.

I guess this battles alone would have yielded more then 89,000 XP if he hadn't reached the XPCap before.

2. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I use Starwalker's tactic to kill Sarevok's friends first.
    Then I hit Sarevok with some arrows of dispelling first that strip him of his buffs and makes him a LOT easier to kill ;)

3. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Err I'm sorry. Been dealing with a death in the family and my brain is not all with me.

The left side is sarevok. Drag him down only on that side if your careful about it. Right side is Tazok I believe and possibly angelo. but you trigger Tazok and Sarevok often comes too for me.

Fireballs will usually start them all coming. Since they seem scripted better than most enemies about such things. But as somebody pointed out they do a lot of them real quickly through wands. well that does a fair ammount of damage.

4. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

monster wands + arrow barrage

5. Sorun Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Have one character summon an army of monsters with a wand of monster summoning. Have this character use the wand over and over (seriously, don't stop casting until the entire screen is littered with summons). Have your party attack Sarevok with missle weapons. If you engage Sarevok in melee you will die.

6. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31

Echo, echo...
    But sorun and I agree!!! Yay!
    It definitely saved me one time, when I wound up at the final battle too early on and had a bunch of fifth level lame-o's!!!

7. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I can't remember if you can get it without cheating or not, but the Ring of Freedom is a great help with all the web spells/traps IIRC. I have done the cheesy wand of fire way before too, but that takes some of the fun out of it for me. I ususally just use that on large groups of annoying gibberlings and such.

8. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I just finnished a unmodded game, again, and he was dead easy to kill, again. I just have a wand of monster summoning and my mage summon lots of creatures and I never break a sweat.

9. Trminator Gems: 3/31

Veteran

[​IMG] I proboably used the cheesiest way ever made to kill sarevok.. :)

First of all, i moved one inch forward at the time, luring out everyone, exept Sarevok. Then i put boots of speed on my char, (fighter) and made sarevok attack him. I then simply ran around him, while Kivan was standing his distance, firing acid arrows, biting arrows and arrows of Ice on him. If sarevok ever shifted his attention to Kivan, my char ran up to him and attacked him, so sarevok would come back after me. In the end Sarevok went down, and my party had almost full health.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.