1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sahuagin City: Rebel or Royalty?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Athalon, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

How many of you guys actually killed the rebel and helped the king? I heard killing the king instead of the rebel was better, but I dont know. How many of you did both, lol! Actually, thinking it over, I think killing the rebel would've been better because the priestess in the top corner of the map buys things for a great bargain! Probably best place to sell things. Trust me! I'm not sure but I think Arbane's Sword went for 10,000! God, I think Sahuagin city is the lamest. There are no shops, no inns, no nothing! Its just a lame waste of space with a buncha rebels (early on)

2. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

yeah, I think sahuagin city was sort of lame too... it seemed like they just couldn't be bothered with making another city! Really sketchy that whole place. the Beholder is fun though! Speaking of that, is there a way to get past him without killing him? I figured there would be, but nope, maybe my character wasn't clever enough.

3. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Yeah, the city is a bit lame. I sided witht he Prince at first but then turned on everyone for more EXP and loot. Siding with the prince gives too much EXP to pass up. Now, the people I find interesting are the Gyuthanki or whatever.

4. Athalon Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Yea you can get past the beholder. Just talk to him, and convince him that hes guarding the treasure box, not the treasure inside. Then you just walk up to the box and take it. Then he'll float away like the good beholder he is =)

5. idoru Gems: 11/31

cool.. I knew there was a downside to letting minsc do all the talking :))

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I usually side with the Rebel, the one game I wised I hadn't was my first game. I don't think you get the gauntlets of crushing if you kill the king for the rebel. I can't remember, I just remember I was playing a monk and I didn't get those gauntlets. Oh well I survived though ;).

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Side with the prince. Then kill him. ^_^

8. stormguard Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

if you are a munk side with royalty(then kill him). if not kill them all anyway

[This message has been edited by stormguard (edited July 23, 2001).]

9. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

well, i usualy side with the prince and then fireball him from a distance.

10. Black Death Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I went with the Rebel and then killed the king and backstabbed the Rebel afterwards. Plane and simple. Plus You get extra exp! :)

11. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

and it means that you don't have to have a high level theif in order to get the blade for the wave

12. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Kill the rebel and get the gauntlets :mad: then kill the king and kill everyone else :mad:. Who cares about a whole city of stinkin stupid fish man anyway! ;)

13. Thorr Gems: 5/31

For me, it was a problem. I tried to respect my role, as a lawfull good cavalier, and I give my word to that nasty king. After that, I found that it was closer, to my role, to help the prince. Anyway, after I was atacked on the streets by rebels and Sahaugins', I sided with the king. Rebels isn't lawfull, isn't?

14. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

but u can get the Cloak of Reflection in Sahuagin City!!! super powerful and useful

15. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You need someone in your party with a 13 wisdom in order to be able to talk the beholder out of his contract...or so I'm told.

16. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Has anyone not killed them all?? Bloodthirsty mongrels.

17. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

I didn't kill tghem both, but I guess it's because I enjoy following the plot...

18. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

You get the Cloak of Mirroring in Saughin City, Cloak of Reflection you get in Spellhold. Also getting the Cloak of Mirroring is irrelevant to who you side with, its simply a matter of walking through the platform that has the large "fish with its mouth open" statue (didn't know how to describe it any other way)
    And having at least 13 wisdom to convine the Spectator Beholder to leave his chest is interesting news, explaining why one game I was able to convince him and the other I wasn't given that dialouge choice. Moral of the story is don't neglect widsom! It's not wise! ;)

19. DemoGorgon Guest

[​IMG] What the heck is Sahugin city? i beat soa but i cant remember what u guys are talking about.

20. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

When you finished Spellhold, Demogorgon, did you go throuh the tunnel to the Underdark, or go with Saemon on his boat?

If you go with Saemon, you'll get a special area, the Sahaugin City, before the Underdark, as a reward for putting up with that irritating Saemon. (-:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.