1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Run-trough, umpteenth time

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Goli Ironhead, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

So, hello all. Now I will, once again, about 30. time, start a new game. This is good thing, as BG is really good game, but most difficult problem has posessed me: which class to choose?
    Now, I'm fine with any suggestion and don't have any favoured class. Also, I don't cade whether it's mod or not.
    So, suggestions, people? Good and bad sides with them would be greatly appreciated.

And, on other note: are bards all about micro-management or can they be played without great deal of it? I don't mean thinking plenty of tactics and such, but simply if they need to be buffed to high heavens before battles?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

More info is required for any useful suggestions.

To answer the one specific question that you asked, it depends what kind of Bard, and how you want to use him. A Skald can be very useful in battle just singing his song - hardly MM-intensive :)
    If you want to play a Blade, and use him as a frontliner, you are going to want to use a lot of buffs. You can also use a Bard as an archer/spell caster support character.

Even though you didn't give any information on what you've played before or what you like, here's a suggestion anyway:

Play an Undead Hunter. Give Minsc the Amulet of Power, and go teach all those Vampires a lesson in respect for goodness!

3. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Prefertably not blade, seeing that many people already use them. Althought I've no objection actually, blades are a little too much out of my vision of bard. And that is someone that is really and adventurer, doing everything.
    But that's little off the topic.

Anyways, first suggestion taken and noticed. Now I just need to wait for others :)

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Get Rogues Rebalancing mod, it adds new and spiffy bard kits, and completely renews bardic HLAs, granting them new and unigue and cool abilities, like Sound Burst, Enthralling Melody, etc. No more cheesy traps which are suited to thieves only.

5. Kip Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If your into randomness and all that good stuff I'd go with spellweaver (wild mage addition mod or something like that). Start as wild mage, fight the dude and go with it.

6. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

After lots of thinking, I've decided that no single character will do it, and instead made total of 4 characters, more or less tried. Not that weird gameplay-wise, but story-wise, that's whole other story.

Main npc is Subject, Cleric/Mage rat-human hybrid made by Irenicus, followed by Specimen, more aggressive Fighter/Assassin (Yes, SK, so sue me :p ) version.
    Then there's Lerg the gnomish berserker, son Kerg the gnomish berserker, son of Herg the gnomish berserker et cetera.
    Next up is Moolat, elven chaotic neutral wild mage, little bit "special" personality. He thinks that he is world's only arcane squirrel, whose destiny is to turn the world into huge acorn.

Should be intresting to RP this little party :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.