1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RPG:The Adventure Begins

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shadow Assassin, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm starting a new RPG game so that we get accustomed with custom made worlds, rather than those already known. Or already existing. the rules will be slightly different, but the chance's for exp increase, there will be less monsters, but more hostile npc's. If you want to join send me your char sheet at 1st lvl, 30pt buy, 200gp of equipment.

And the Adventure begins.

Alton enters the Courthouse. In need of some coinage he walks over to the wanted posters and takes a look, not much today, but one catches his eye. A young looking cleric wanted for practicing magic in the town of Lok. There is a 1000gp reward for her capture.

2. Aye Yo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Pimm walks over to the wanted posters to make sure he isn't there. Not today. He then looks to his left and sees a man eyeing a particular poster. Pimm walks over to and sees the 1000gp reward on it.
    "Now that I can use," Pimm thinks to himself.
    He then introduces himself to the other fellow. "Hi, my name is Pimm." extending is hand to the fellow.

3. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The druid silmire sits at his table and watches. He stands up and walks to the board to find out what the too strange adveturers are looking at.
    1000 eh? not bad for a pathetic cleric. I think i will take that challenge gladly

4. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ooc: send me your char sheet if you want to join, otherwise you will be viewed as an npc.

ic:
    Alton, looks to the people next to him,
    thinking to himself, "hmm, maybe I can get them to do the work for me."
    Alton looks up and says cheerfully, "Hi I'm Alton, pleasure to meet you, I see ya lookin at the poster, wanna join me in the search for her?"

5. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What rules are you going by? 32 point buy 120 gp?

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

@LordNocturne

1st lvl, 30pt buy, 200gp of equipment

reread the first post :)

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

OOC: This doesn't seem to be too active... maybe if you posted more information on backgrounding, more interest would be generated... if so I will join. I have an elven archer, a dwarven fighter, a human paladin, and a gnome illusionist; if you have a preference (i.e., there are already three fighters or your world doesn't really have gnomes) let me know.

8. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Sorry - the post about the stat rules was meant for a diff topic! Heh, anyway, i'm going to send in my char in a few minutes.

*Kayl stepped into the tavern, looking to the wanted posters. The paladin's eye was caught by the 1000 gp reward poster instantly, he headed there without much thought to anything else.*

[This message has been edited by LordNocturne (edited September 06, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by LordNocturne (edited September 17, 2001).]

9. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Seeing a crowd gathering over in the corner, Talisman begged the bar wench's pardon, removed her from his knee, and went over to see if he might perform a trick or two for the group's amusement. Seeing the serious look of adventurers, he forwent the frivolity and watched the proceedings with an interested eye. The bar wench did the same to Talisman's backside.

10. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ooc: all pc's in this game are new to the land. As such they currently know nothing about it. To find out about it they must talk to people in around the town as they meet them. In the courthouse almost all the people from the city are gathered in one of the courtrooms because of a high profile trial. The pc's do not know who is on trial or for what reason being new here. to get a map of the town you must purchase one from the town's mapmaker. the pc's however don't know where his shop is so they must find out from the townsfolk, not all of which are receptive to stranger. The pc's also do not know the laws of this land so they are more apt to break the ones not implemented in their homeland. oh and the tavern would not be crowded today due to the trial.

ic: Alton not to patient returned his attention to the wanted posters that we're around and found no more of interest.

11. Capstone Gems: 16/31

The wiry, disheveled gnome pushed his hair back out of his face with a grimy hand. "Blinking outfit," he grumbled. "No decent parts to be found within a day's journey, I'll warrant; not that I have the money anyway! Maybe I should stop tinkering for awhile and practise magic." The gnome stopped and looked around the Courthouse. A small group of fighter-types were collecting around a the wanted bulletins. "Wonder where the abyss I've landed, anyway..."

He wandered over to the group and soon realized what had caught their attention. A thousand gold pieces was a decent sum. What had the cleric done to merit the price? He scanned down the page to the details at the bottom.

12. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] ooc: I've only recieved 2 char sheets so far, I need the rest of them if you wish to play. If you don't know how to make a char sheet tell me.

ic: The details read "For illegal use of magic within Magefort".
    Alton thinks to himself, "Magefort?"
    He then turns to the gnome next to him, looks up into his face and says, "Hi, I Alton, I see you're a lil interested in this one, aren't you," seeing this person as another possible hand to do the work for him.

13. Capstone Gems: 16/31

OOC: looks up? Is Alton a halfling?

IC:
    "Hmmmph," Fezwik grunted. "Pretty sketchy details. Where's Magefort at anyhow? And just what did this cleric do? Suppose there must be a bailiff around here or some clerk who can give us more information. I've no intention of stepping into something without knowing what's going on, regardless of the reward."

The gnome looked at the speaker then. "Hah, sorry, I should introduce myself. I'm Fezwik Ildatch, come from Gullywash. Actually, I'm not sure where I am; I crashed my flying machine on that hill over there. Are you a local?"

14. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ooc:Sorry I wasn't able to dm Friday, I injured my knee and was at the Doctors office for a while.

ic: As Alton was about to offer the Gnome the oppurtunity to join him in the search for the cleric the courtroom doors were thrust open and an elderly priest was led out by the bailiffs. Curiosity getting the best of him Alton followed them out of the courthouse where the priest was put into caged wagon and taken out of town.
    The glum looking bailiffs turned around and headed back into the courthouse.

15. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Xaed walks into the courthouse and sees a group of people arrayed about a wanted poster. "Hmmm mayhaps i see some gold about to be made". with that thought Xaed walks up to the poster and begins to read....

16. Capstone Gems: 16/31

"Huh. Good thing I'm not a cleric... don't seem to be too popular round these parts," Fezwik muttered to himself. He took another look around the courthouse and shrugged his shoulders. No one seemed to interact with each other here. As the bailiffs turned back into the courthouse, the mage cleared his throat and stepped into their path. "Pardon me, but could you tell me what is happening to this old priest here?"

EDIT: OOC: Come on, people, post!!! Let's get some interaction here!

[This message has been edited by Capstone (edited September 17, 2001).]

17. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31

Xaed finishes reading the poster with a grin. "1000 gp.... certainly nothing to sneeze at. Never like to go after clerics though, Always end up blind or with a mace in the skull" with that he look at his belt pouch and jiggles it hearing very little coin moving about. Xaed looks back up and smiles warmly "Hello and well met, I see im not the only one who wants to see this person brought to justice for his foul acts!!! ....... and the reward is tempting, maybe we should join together to catch this Cleric".

ooc: Shadow, didja get my char sheet?

18. herf Guest

Barent appeared out of the shadows of the courtroom, engaged in the procession he almost missed the group of people looking at the poster on the wall, "Heh, exactly what I need right now, some distractions."
    The seasoned warrior of 32 years, tall and muscular walked over to the sign and pretended to look engaged in the other posters. He had, of course, already read them all and knew most off by heart, he just wanted to study this group. A mis-match group, probably all young hopefuls looking for some quicker gold and quicker fame, bah, if only they knew what it was like...
    Deciding against his morals he walked over to the group, "I see you are all planning a field trip of sorts," He laughed heartily at his own, lame joke, "I think ye should all agree that I would be of service." To explain his point he drew his long gleaming rapier and his short sword and threw them both in the air simultaneously, and caught them with ease.
    "Whatdya say?"

Ooc- ill send my sheet as soon as i can, gimme you email address as i couldnt be bothered clicking on the little button that has your email on it.

19. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31

"Greetings and well met Barent". Xaed eyes Barent's rapier with a wry smile. "I see you too use a rapier as your weapon though im sure that you use the blade much better then me". Xaeds slim elven features lit up with a grin. "I havent had much use with my rapier due to my Bardic characer, maybe you could show me a trick or two with it". with that Xaed quickly pulls out his two trusty daggers and spins them in a dazziling if useless display quickly returning them to their respective sheaths after a few moments, laughing the whole time.

[This message has been edited by LonnieTheLazy (edited September 18, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by LonnieTheLazy (edited September 19, 2001).]

20. Capstone Gems: 16/31

As the bailiffs bore down upon Fezwik, the gnome noticed a couple of adventurers displaying their juggling skills with weaponry off by the bulletins. He marked them for future reference; a slender elf, a bard by his comments, and a bulkier man wielding two weapons. Fez wasn't sure why he should be impressed by a man apparently in his prime being able to catch his weapons; he thought any fighter should be able to do the same. Why, even he could catch a dagger if he threw it up...

At this point his thoughts were interrupted by a sudden bump to his shoulder. The bailiffs, apparently not hearing his question, had moved right past him before he noticed. Cursing under his breath at the taller races' casual disregard, he hurried after them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.