1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rome TW in a new jacket

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Pac man, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Has anyone ever tried the Rome: Total realism modification ? It enhances the entire game with new and improved skins, a much larger worldmap with many, many more cities, ALL factions are playable right from the start, numerous bugfixes, etc... basically it's a whole new game.

If you liked RTW, you simply HAVE to give this a try, it will be a totally different experience.

For info on which steps to take in order to succesfully update and patch your game, go here

Enjoy.

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I played it a few weeks ago, and I like it!
    Too bad that you can't play the Julii, and I have some problems recognising my soldiers, since they don't wear standard red anymore.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31

True, but this is more like they looked in real life. I've been on a site where they have historically correct drawings of how the Roman legionairs looked in full gear, and this comes really close. I haven't had the "Marius" message yet, so i haven't got a clue how they will look after their revolutionary change, but it can't be long anymore, since i'm in the year 199 BC.

The Greeks have also undergone a succesfull "operation" imo, they looked pale and pretty much all the same in the original campaign, but now it's much better, more color in their uniforms and feathered helmets.

One thing i don't understand though, why did they remove the Britons from the game ? They played a big part in Roman history too, but the British isles are populated by nothing but a bunch of rag tag rebels.

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Maybe they didn't come a long until later? I haven't tried this yet, I have barbarian invasion though.

5. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I have R:TW but I've never given this a try, nor heard of it. I certainly shall give it a shot though.

6. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Just installed this. I am not sure I'm going to like it, I mean, you start off with a ton of cities, what happens when you conquer a few more areas? It'll take about an hour each turn just to tend to them. The game was good to begin with, and I wasn't to bothered about historical inaccuracies. I don't know, less is more. Oh, and I don't have an option to select "Manage All Settlements", that sucks big time.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Start with Rome, and you'll only own two cities right from the start. What's the fuss ?

8. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

I found out how to switch off auto manage, that helped. I started a campaign with the Carthagians, and man, this has taken hours upon hours, I own 65 regions now, and have destroyed the Iberians, the Numidians, and SPQR. The problem is, I've almost nailed the Romans, they haven't even got a full card left, and the only faction left with any power is the Macidonians, but they should be easy to wipe out. The Parthians, Selucids, and Armenians should be easy too, cause they haven't done squat from the start, and the barby factions have hardly any military strength left, and I completely own the sea, so it'll soon become boring, but yeah, it's been much better than just plain RTW. I'd imagine the Carth is probably the easiest out of the lot though.
    Here's how it looks now.

[ November 05, 2005, 06:07: Message edited by: Sarevok• ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.