1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rome: Total War working?

Discussion in 'Total War Series' started by pplr, Dec 29, 2010.

1. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Does Rome: Total War work for you?

Its a fun game and I like it but it seems to crash a lot.

Most recently its been crashing whenever it loads a battle where an army of mine is attacking enemies laying siege to one of my cities.

I do like this game but I'm starting to feel sympathetic to Imperial Glory (which some have derided as a Total War clone) because it seemed to work pretty well and my game in the now patched version is having issues.

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    pplr, you might ask this question at www.twcenter.net, where there is a huge and very active totalwar fanbase. I started playing after Medieval 2 Total War was released, and never tried the predecessor, Rome. I'd drop a post over at twcenter, tell them what Operating System you run, what mods you have installed (if any), etc.

3. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Thanks for the info.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you have it properly patched it shouldn't crash.

5. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    I agree. It shouldn't crash after I patched it.

Unfortunately it seems there is a difference between shouldn't and doesn't in this case.

I noticed something interesting. It happened again after patching when I tried starting a new campaign with the same faction as before.

But then I tried a different faction and I haven't seen it happen yet.

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Odd. Again, if anyone can help you with this, it's going to be someone at twcenter. They have a very active forum, filled with totalwar nuts. For a game as old as Rome, surely there will be those who have seen a similar issue before, and be able to suggest something. Maybe not, but I think that's your best bet.

7. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'm sure I heard somewhere they were going to remake Rome. Medieval and Shogun have alreaady seen the treatment, i'd like to see it happen to Rome too.

8. Marceror

Media:
    Shogun 2 is currently in development. No follow up game has been announced, and likely will not be until well after Shogun 2 is released.

I think there's a good chance that Creative Assembly will eventually get around to Rome 2, but I'm guessing that whatever you heard is little more than hearsay or rumor.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I hope they move away from Empire as I did not like it, incredibly sluggish, identical factions, few territories (take out France in one battle??), unstable and generally not very fun. Loved RTW and MTW2 but will wait well after release to buy Shogun2 as my faith in CA has taken a huge hit. The setting also matter a lot for me in the TW games, LOVE the ancient setting which was a major reason for me loving Rome and I the medieval setting is ok. Not sure how I feel about feodal Japan.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.