1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romances

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Compulsive Dementia, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ok, I'm kind of knew to this game, so how do you romance, or can anyone tell me where I could find out?

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, in the unmodified BG2, it's not so much you romancing her, it's her romancing you.

What I mean is that she will initiate the appropriate dialogues with you and when she wants to. It's up to you how you handle each one.

Two pieces of advice:

1) Create plenty of savegames at important points in the game. Examples, "Planar Sphere", "Harper Hold", "Firkraag's Domain", etc. The reason for this is that each romance has a pitfall or two in it, chances to blow the romance without meaning to. This way, you have something to fall back on.

2) When you have a prospective partner in mind, do a search on these forums in order to research for potential bugs and what to do about them. This could save you a world of grief later on. The romance involving a certain half-elven druidic goddess who stands head and shoulders above all others is sadly, quite buggy in its original programming.

3. Mediv Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

(Hmm.. someone posts faster than I do.. Makeing what I said completly irrelevent...)

There are also several Romace Mods in SP's BG 2 section, along with a guide if your having trouble with the romances.

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's very easy to start a romance. Just keep the NPC in the party for a day or two and he/she will inevitably start asking questions. In general, if you be nice, the romance continues. If not, the romance with that particular person is screwed.

Extremist and Slappy's guide to romances should be your main guide. But my advice is to try it once for yourself first. If something goes wrong or you can't figure out what to do, then check the guide.

5. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

For the most part this is correct but there is one that if you're too nice, you'll be seen as weak and that will ruin the romance as well.

For all her bugs, she is the best. Good to know I'm not the only one who worships her. :love:

6. Jurts Gems: 7/31

Well, it's about time we start our own Cult of Half-Elven Druidic Goddesses...

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You can have romances with Jaheira, Aerie and Viconia if you have a male PC and Anomen for the female PCs.

keep them in your party and talk to them, say what you think you should and if you need help get the guide.

8. Jurts Gems: 7/31

Well, if you say what you should to Aerie, you are never going to complete the romance... :rolleyes:

9. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Errr. Yurts pops up here in my mind --- do you mean that by not sleeping by Aerie the first time, you screw the romance --- I did that and I don't think she ever spoke to me again.

10. Jurts Gems: 7/31

Nope, I was more referring to her hypocritical whining and they ways she is trying to use her background to manipulate the PC. Some of the questions she tends to ask is a pure, sadistical manipulation...

I mean what can you answer to a following question: "I...I have been looking at the scars...on my back. The stumps that were...that were once my wings. They do not...they do not make me truly homely, do they? Am I...am I ugly to you? "

Now of course her back looks disgusting and something that my PC would never consider touching, but he is still a gentleman and cannot say that bitter truth... and of course once you compliment on her non-existant good looks, that little hypocrite only takes it as an encouragment.

Also, when she says that she has no idea how she looks to men... for crying out loud, why doesn't she ask it to Minsc, Jan, Ano or Keldorn? She's practically begging on her knees for a compliment, blech...

There are more of these things... I was more referring that the PC should technically make her shut up and stop whining, but of course that breaks the "romance"...

11. Andy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Someone should make an add-on where you can make her shut her mouth, and not ruin the romance, the best romances came from not speaking :rolleyes:

12. Mediv Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hey! I kinda like Aerie.. granted, theres some disturbing background information...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.