1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romance in SOU?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Blue, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I know you can have romances in the original game and in HOTU, both with henchmen and others. But is there any romance option in SOU - either with your henchman or anybody else? Or is a dwarf and a half-orc considered too "uninteresting" for our characters to have romances with?

I also wonder if there might be possible to edit the romances to be homosexual in any of the three installments?

(I hope this question doesn't place me in the obscene category, Tal?)

[ January 27, 2004, 18:04: Message edited by: Blue ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My only idea right now would be to open the modules yourself and remove what kind of gender check it makes. How it could be done, I have no idea of.

4. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

As Trillex said, you open the NPC's dialog up, look for the line where the "romance" initiates, and check the "appears when" tab on the lower right of the editor window.

You should be able to get whatever the token is for gender, and just reverse it, or get rid of it entirely. I'm sure there's other conditionals in there that also contribute to when it shows up, whether or not you want to mess with those is up to you.

5. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Okay, thanks. I'll poke around in the original game and HOTU and see what I find - and if I dare to try to alter anything.

But... do you know if there is any romance at all in SOU?

6. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

None to my knowledge, the other henchmen beside deekin are not very well developed, and would you try to romance a kobold? ;)

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hey guys, size isn't everything. Who's to say that Deekin wouldn't make a good mate? :D ;) :p

8. blazin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

oooo a kobold and a half orc!!! :D

9. Rubel Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I thought Dorna's story was pretty interesting. I kept her with me the whole time, but for some reason she didn't find my elf very attractive :p

10. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

There was nothing wrong with your elf :D . As far as I know, there are no romance options in Shadows of Undrentide.

(too bad, Deekin's a cutie :p )

11. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

So what are the romance options and conditions on the OC, SOU and HOTU modules?

12. Hacken Slash

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

I don't really know what the romance conditions are, but in the OC a male character can romance either Linu, Sharwyn or Aribeth. A female character can romance Arin Gend.

As I said earlier, I believe that there are no romance options in SoU.

In HotU there are romance options with Sharwyn, Nathyrra and Aribeth for a male character and I think just Valen for a female character. The henchman interactions are great though...it was funny watching Deekin and Sharwyn argue over whos book was better. The henchmen are fun to take along especially when you have two who are idealistically opposed to each other, like Tomi and Linu or Sharwyn and Daelan.

The romance conditions are rather odd because they seem to follow no specific pattern.

Maybe someone needs to write a guide on this subject.

13. nuno Gems: 1/31

what about an elf and a dwarf ?
    just like lord of the rings , legolas and gimli

14. Hacken Slash

Hmmmmm...did Legolas and Gimli have a romance? Musta missed that part ;) .

I don't know if there are any racial restrictions for romance in NWN or the modules...but face it...do you really want to see an Hobbit and a Half-orc involved with each other? :D

15. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My dwarf character is getting along really well with Dorna as far as chatting and getting to know each other goes. Is this the concept of romance? Will it actually blossom into something more than chatting?

16. nuno Gems: 1/31

Hey Legolas caled gimli master dwarf didnt he? :D
    if its the kind of master i know:"i will do whatever you want, Master"
    They should at least cut that part out the movie.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.