1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RIP Ronnie James Dio

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Susipaisti, May 16, 2010.

1. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Ronnie James Dio passed away on May 16th. Stomach cancer finally took him.

I'm just completely overwhelmed by this. Stomach cancer at the age of 67, certainly that was a grim scenario, but I just thought it would a given that the old trooper would plow through.

Dio still had a lot of music left in him. Several albums were planned for the next few years. It's such a shame.

The Great Snook and Caradhras like this.
  2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    May he rest in peace. :(

3. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Now when there's lightning, it's going to really bring me down :(

4. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

May he rest in peace... or, more likely, rock the roof off whatever afterlife he ends in.

Heaven & Hell were scheduled to play in Sofia this June. Pity I'll never him in person now... funny thing, I was still feeling high from the AC/DC concert this Friday.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  5. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

One more of my teenagehood's heroes is gone. Thank you Ronnie and goodbye.

In the misty morning, on the edge of time
    We've lost the rising sun, a final sign

---------- Added 20 hours, 22 minutes and 50 seconds later... ----------

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  6. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Stupidity is really invincible. I think that this is going to end in violence.

7. Susipaisti

That is just sickening. Unbelievable.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Heard his death was just a rumor. If not, definitely RIP, even though I never listened to Black Sabbath - their (and his) influence is undeniable in metal.

9. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    The "Westboro Klan" take themselves way too seriously (probably cuz no one else will). They may not not agree with Ronnie and how he lived his life, but you would think they have better things to do with their time, like their obvious incest and populating the world with more Westboro "family" morons.

10. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I was way into Dio when I was in junior high and high school. I had many a powerful air guitar session in my bedroom while listening to his tunes. He was definitely one of the great hard rock/metal patriarchs.

Keep on rockin'

11. Susipaisti

Saber, there indeed was a rumor about Dio's death circulating earlier on May 16th and it was promptly denied by Wendy Dio, but in the same evening it was announced on Dio's own site (by Wendy) that he did pass away that day - I'd wager it happened just a short while after the rumor had been dispelled. A lot of fans were really riding a roller coaster that day.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.