1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RIP Natasha Richardson

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    [​IMG] I didn't really follow this British actress but I knew her husband Liam Neeson. She died after head injuries sustained after a skiing accident in Canada. :(

2. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Was she wearing a helmet? I went skiing for the first time in twenty years this year and it looked like everyone was wearing helmets. I know I rented one and kind of liked it. It kept my ears warm.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Probably not, it was a kid's slope. Oh and she was 45. Never been skiing and don't plan on it.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The reports are sketchy but it does not appear she was wearing a helmet -- I've actually seen very few wearing helmets when I've been skiing. She fell but appeared uninjured, she was even joking about the fall. About an hour later she started complaining about a headache and not feeling well.

It appears the injury was similar to a concussion, but more severe with very few symptoms. A hemorrage of some kind occurs in the brain or in the lining around the brain causing pressure to build up quickly. If the pressure is not immediately relieved, the brain literally starts to shut down.

With all the stars dropping over the past few years, this is the first one that really made me sad. I liked Natasha (and her mother and aunt for that matter). She was a great actress.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    She wasn't wearing a helmet, it was a beginner slope, and it just goes to show how delicate the human brain is.

I'm not sure how much coverage this is getting elsewhere, but here in Canada, it's a huge story. I'm not really sure why - the only reason I can think of is that it happened here.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's crazy! That has to be a fluke to get seriously damaged on the bunny slopes. In my younger years I've taken some pretty serious spills on the slopes with no injuries other than sore muscles. One was so bad, the straps of my ski poles pulled my gloves off as I tumbled! :)

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Fluke is the word -- it's amazing, really, the razor's edge that we all walk on between life and death. People survive 5 story falls to hard concrete, and then other people fall off a horse onto soft dirt and end up dead. This poor woman was able to walk and talk and everything after what happened and then, hours later, she ended up dead. It's tragic and my heart goes out to her family and loved ones.

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    That's the probably the reason. Many of the news reports I saw were stressing the fact it happened here.

I did not know of her well and haven't seen her in movies, but I feel sad for her husband. He's such a great actor.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.