1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

(Ring of) Free Action

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Hux, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Hux Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have the ring of free action and I am wondering what the free actions are since it does not say (except for haste and slow). It states it gives wearer immunity to magic that affects mobility in any way.

I know it gives free action from haste and slow.
    I pretty sure it gives free action from web, grease and entangle.
    Does it give free action from those spells which randomly move creatures to a different area (Teleport Field, is there another one?).
    Does it give free action from paralysation?

Thanx for your replies.

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Yes, it does protect the wearer from paralyzation, entangle, grease and web, which is why it's a good idea to equip a cleric which such an item! I don't know about teleportation though, but I doubt it. Hope that helps!

3. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

The ring protects from something the spell Free Action doesn't...Psionic Blast and iirc all other stunning effects.

Also Hold Person.

4. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

To my knowledge while teleportation moves you it does not affect your movement so it shouldn't count. Free action does cover most things that either restrict or benefit your movement.

Time stop is the only one that I have noticed that it outright doesn't work on. But I suppose that's not surprising either.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

A question: where is the ring located?

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Major Spoilers!
    On the first level of the maze beneath Spellhold, there's a tattered book on a stand. Click on the pages to fight varying degrees of monsters. Kobold, spider, Umber Hulk, Beholder and Mind Flayer, iirc. After killing the Illithid, click on the book and you'll get the RoFA and 2 spells (Simulacrum and Summon Fiend iirc).

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Now for one more question...on advanced spells.

Does the RoFA protect you against the spell Maze or Inprisionment?

I'm guessing 'no', but what if it does? :rolling:

8. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

No.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.