1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rifts, ultimate edition chatroom tabletop RPG. Players wanted!

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by namragog, Aug 3, 2010.

1. namragog Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have been wanting to play this tabletop RPG called rifts for a very long time now, but playing it on the forums seems... not as immediate.
    So, I decided to ask anyone here if they want to play over oovoo, skype, or aim. If you do not know how to play, do not fret! I have a PDF file of the book. If you do not know what a tabletop RPG is, download the PDF and read "engage your emagination" located right after "the setting." It is a lot of fun, and I hope at least 3 people will join, if not more. tell me if you want to join, and if you are using Skype, oovoo, or aim. Oovoo is reccomended. if you join, I hope you will have fun. :p:p:p

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] There's also a IRC channel reserved for roleplaying on SP, the Minstrel's Medallion with instructions on how to connect with mIRC (similar instructions work with HydraIRC) or the java applet which can be used in the browser.

Currently it's only used Tuesday evenings from 9pm to 11-12 (GMT)

3. namragog Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

sorry for duplicating posts. I realized this one was in the wrong section. Also, I do not want to do any IRC stuff, because that takes time (for me). oovoo, skype, or AIM would be easier.

4. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Done it before. Not as good as IRC in many ways, as I find you can't truly get in character in the same way you can in IRC. I guess maybe an ideal combination would be voice-chat for OOC stuff, such as DM descriptions, discussing rolls and the likes. And IRC for all other things.

The game Rift doesn't overly appeal to me, sorry namrugog

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.